Trying to start the vitamans GOD HELP ME!!

Stacy11
on 11/20/11 9:21 pm
So I go to the store Sat to start all my  6  weeks vitamans I need to...  I should have got caplets those things are horse pills and I feel like they keep getting stuck. so this morning I think oh I will open caplets and dump in my yogart to help ease the taste.. OMG i ended up throwing the yogart away- I swear I have the smallest throat in the world. I CANT SWALLOW THOSE BIG PILLS... $52.00 down the drain.. I will have to see if I can find some caplets... I am not a big pill taker I have to be in major pain to take pills so this will be my big challenge.SIGH   :(

Dave Chambers
on 11/20/11 9:36 pm - Mira Loma, CA

You can use liquid vitamins or chewable. I prefer the liquid form.  A good tasting one is noted on my profile page.  I mention this since there are many liquids out there that are really foul tasting. Swallowing should have improved since surger, if you surgical date is accurate. Swallowing does improve over time.  You complaint is common among new post ops.  You need to take your supplments.  Calcium citrate pills tend to be large too, but you can get liquid or powdered forms of these too.  I would highly suggest taking a dry D3 now.  Low  or deficient levels of vitamin D are very common for post ops.  I use the 50K IU dry d3 from Vitalady.com . These are very small, and I'd initially recommend trying 3 per week.  I also use capsule form of calcium citrate from vitalady.com , since the capsules are far easier to swallow than the large calcium citrate pills.  Good luck. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/21/11 12:34 am
3 yeasr post op and I still use some as chewables. Multi - are so big, and even if I can take them, they sit like a rock in my pouch.
I use chewables = multi from CVS (Centrum Equivalent - when on sale they cost me less than $5 for a month supply), then chewable or capsules for Calcim, magnesium.  I can take small pills, or capsules, or gel caps. But pills need to be small not to bother me. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 11/21/11 1:09 am - OH
The money isn't necessarily down the drain.  Did you try cutting the pills in half?  Or are the capsules?  I was a little confused by your post.

If you can't take them, will anyone you know be able to use them?

Why are you just now starting vitamins at six weeks out?  You know there are chewables if you have trouble swallowing pills, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

irishgirl89
on 11/21/11 1:25 am
I had surgery on Nov. 16 and have been taking my vitamins since the day after surgery. I take Centrum chewable multi vit. B12 sub-lingual (Puritan's Pride), liquid zantac a script from my surgeon, the calcium citrate with vit d from Walmart equate. I dissolve it in a little water. I crush dry d3 from wonder labs. Take chewable vit c from spring valley. Have chewable iron from bariatric advantage but I'm not starting that until I have a BM. Just started passing gas today, 6 days out! Good luck to you.
  Surgery 11/16/11.  HW 267.5; SW 250.1; Pre-op wt. 195.5; CW 126  GW 140-160             
Most Active
Recent Topics