pumpkin cheesecake??

grmadeb01
on 11/20/11 10:32 pm - FL
ok, plan to make this for thanksgiving, i have 16 oz plain oikos greek yogurt, i have 15 oz pumpkin canned, i have a small box of cheesecake pudding mix not the big one...am i missing something? do you just wisk it all together or put in blender?
 i was going to grind almonds and cashews with some graham crackers to make a crust...

i have been trying to experiement with almond flour, cashew flour, quinoa flour and seeds, and chia seeds....nothing to brag about yet..still in the playing field, i have coconut to make my own coconut milk and coconut flour, was thinking about coconut custard pie also...

i am making black bean cake with avacado frosting, i call it frosting, but i got it from comfybelly.com and she calls it pudding, but i tried it before surgery and it was like a fudge frosting out of the can...

thanks guys, have a great day
debby
Verde38
on 11/20/11 10:38 pm
I just made that cheesecake, I added the pumkin pie spices also. My family thought it still it tasted "sour" I guess just too much like the greek yogurt yet. I think next time I may add some splenda also to see if that helps.
wendydettmer
on 11/20/11 10:49 pm - Rochester, NY
For a lighter feel to it, I make a pumpkin whip with vanilla pudding (you could use cheesecake), 1 cup of milk, mixed together.  Then mix a can of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, then fold in a tub of sugar free cool whip.

Heaven.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

poet_kelly
on 11/20/11 11:58 pm - OH
I just stir it up.  I also add some splenda and a splash of sugar free caramel syrup.  I think it would still taste fine without the caramel syrup but I would defintely add some splenda.

I'd love to hear how your crust turns out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

johnsoca
on 11/20/11 11:59 pm - Madison, AL
Your "cheesecake" idea sounds great. I would add some spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, maybe cloves or allspice. Or just go the easy route and use pumpkin pie spice!

Most Active
Recent Topics