Second Opinion Please...3 month Bloodwork

Dan OBrien
on 11/22/11 1:18 am - FL
Need a second opinion from the knowledgeable folks out there - anything out of order?  Doc says everything but D-3 is ok, but didn't tell me to change anything either.  (I know my cholesterol and triglycerides are out of whack, but they have come down quite a bit in three months!)

CHOLESTEROL    167

HDL        28

LDL         119

TRIGLYCERIDES 189

PTH        26

CALCIUM             9.4

VITAMIN D         42

VITAMIN D-2     42

VITAMIN D-3    

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

poet_kelly
on 11/22/11 1:46 am - OH
Yep, your D need to be about double this.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dan OBrien
on 11/22/11 1:48 am - FL

Kelly - the post cut off most of the rest...B-12 is 392 is that ok?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

cajungirl
on 11/22/11 1:58 am
I'm not Kelly but NO, you need this UP as soon as possible.  Are you experiencing any tingling, memory loss, fatigue, shortness of breath?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 11/22/11 2:00 am - OH
Oh no, not close.  Below 400 you can get nerve damage.  Got numbness or tingling in your hands and feet yet?  And below 550 people usually get tired and depressed.  Ideally it would be around 1000.

How much B12 have you been taking?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dan OBrien
on 11/22/11 4:05 am - FL

One 2500mcg once a week...I was told 1000mcg once a week.  Have been dragging lately.  No numbness or tingling.  I am going to my PCP in a little while.  I may ask him about shots.

Thanks!

Pholaris
on 11/22/11 4:25 am
I would take 1000 every day, get labs in three months and if it is at an acceptable letter, then change it to every other day or every couple of days.
Pregnancy%20ticker
poet_kelly
on 11/22/11 4:55 am - OH
The ASMBS recommends 350-500 per day.  Regardless, with your B12 so low, I would start doing those 2500 mcg daily for a couple months, then test again.  Or shots.  If you do shots, many people only need them once a month but I would do them weekly for a couple months to get your level up first.  Actually, I need them weekly to keep my level up at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics