NSV's and Soup recipe

Cookietea
on 11/22/11 2:50 am
I  am almost 10 months out and totally satisfied with my RNY and weight loss.  I decided early on not to let the scale define my sucess and weigh myself once a week and sometimes not at all.  I do measure my sucess in Non Scale Victories.  My first one, probably a month out, was when I noticed my bath sheet met in the middle and even overlapped a little.

I have had a miraculous NSV.  I had to go to the pain clinic for my back and during my initial visit a couple of weeks ago, the Dr told me to touch my toes.  I looked at her like she was nuts.  "I can't do that," I told her.  But I tried anyway and halleluia I did it.  I probaly haven't touched my toes in 5o years.

As for the soup, I am taking fat free stuffing in the crockpot for Thanksgiving.  I picked up a couple turkey wings to make the stock and put them on with vegs, garlic, parsley, some onion soup mix and let it simmer all night to defat it.  There actually wasn't even 1/2 tsp of fat so I could have cooked it today.  Anyways, when I got home from water therapy I needed lunch so I chopped up some roasted califlower (any veggies would work) and the wing meat, sauted it with a little garlic and parsley, added the stock and simmered a few minutes.  Yummy, on program and a good way to repurpose your upcoming leftovers.

Hope everyone has a happy healthy Turkey day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views