Finally approved!

undergoingchange
on 11/23/11 1:40 pm
I have been trying to meet all the requirements for my insurance since March 2011.  I got a denial from my insurance on Monday but my physicians office sent some more information. I got word today that the surgery has been approved and I am scheduled for Dec. 27.

This is sort of bittersweet for me.  I lost my mother Nov. 8 after a very brief illness.  I never imagined going through all this without her.  She was my strongest cheerleader and supporter and we had planned for her to be with me in the hospital and then when I came home.
My husband is very supportive.  But, HE AIN'T MY MAMA. 

At 51 you would think I would not need her with me so badly.  The fact is, I have never been to the hospital without her staying with me the whole stay.

I have plenty of people who plan to be with me and I know Mama will be watching over me.

I enjoy reading everyone's post and I am inspired by the encouragement and support everyone gets here.  I will continue reading and draw strength from each of you wonderful corageous "losers".

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
wifey9
on 11/23/11 2:00 pm
I have never posted before, I am a lurker, waiting for my initial consultation yet... (next Thursday)... but wanted to respond..... I am sorry you have to feel this way!!... I understand it will be very bittersweet... I too have lost my mother...(although it has been more than 10 years for me.. she died when my first child was a few months old....... I still miss her very much every single day... , and every time I have been in the hospital having a baby,or having surgery, I have missed her so much more.... because I know she would have been right there beside me ....

You will never stop missing her!!!...

Congratulations on your approval!!.. Happy Thanksgiving!! And Yes, she is still with you! Watching over you!!
dawney
on 11/23/11 2:29 pm
I'm sorry for your loss.  I lost my mother in January of this year, and like you I wish she would have been here to see me through.  But I know she is watching over me, just as your mother is with you.  She will always be in your heart, and part of your soul.  I miss her dearly, but I also know that she supported my decision, just as yours did for you.  There is not a day that goes by that I tell see Ma, I'm doing it.  Hang in there, and congrats on your approval.  Go out there and do your mother proud.

Happy Thanksgiving