Does your pouch do this??

losing-jennifer
on 11/28/11 7:49 pm
Seems like I go a few weeks where I can eat very well and tolerate most items.  Then it will be a few weeks of not wanting to eat much, no interest, everything feels heavy or hurts my pouch.  I'm going through the everything hurts my pouch week right now.  Does this continue long term or is it a new post op issue. I'm almost 6 months out and I've been going through this the whole time.  I don't mind it...just curious.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

seashell6417
on 11/28/11 8:13 pm - Gaylord, MN
It eased over time for me.  I didn't really have pain from eating but some things felt heavy.  At over two and a half years out I still have an occasional day like that and I go through waves of big pouch days and small pouch days.  Sometimes it seems it takes more to fill me up and other days it seems I hardly eat enough at one sitting. 
Tami

astrochick18
on 11/28/11 11:29 pm - Archer, FL
I had my surgery a couple weeks after you.

Everyone is different. I have had realitively no complications. I do occassionally feel like I have something stuck in my throat. But that only happens maybe once a month when I have eaten too big of a bite and not chewed well enough.

I hope yours subsides soon. Good luck!

Crystal0823
on 11/29/11 3:49 am
I'm 3 months out and go through this. And its terrible that the one thing that goes down easy at that point is carbs. I try to get in more protein shakes when I have these issues.

Mhalverson85
on 11/30/11 10:33 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Jennifer -
I am just four weeks out today actually, I've had a few issues but the pain thing has been getting worse for me.  I can't eat or drink anything with out feeling that I've been punched in the guts, it got so bad that I wasn't drinking enough.    I went to the doctor yesterday and they think that it's an ulcer.
They gave me meds for the next two weeks then I go back for a scope down the throat. 
Just something you may want to talk to your doctor about if the pain doesn't stop.
Most Active