No Energy!!!

Dan OBrien
on 11/30/11 7:10 am - FL
I'm four months in, and had fantastic energy for about two months in the middle of these four.  For some reason now, my energy is in the basement.  I just want to go to bed when I get home from work.  I have not changed any eating habits, actually upped my D3 intake and my B12 as well (taking 2500mcg a day for a week now) and I just seem to be getting more and more exhausted.  Any ideas, or is this just a phase as my body goes through changes?
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 7:27 am - OH
When did you last have labs done?  B12 would be my first guess, but what about iron, too?  are you taking iron?  Getting enough protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cabin111
on 11/30/11 8:37 am
During my rapid weightloss I too didn't have much energy.  Before you could grab a Snickers Bar or something...Not now.  One week I lost 10 pounds...The weightloss really takes it out of you.  a few ideas in no special order.  Add some salt and potassium to your diet (electrolytes).  Things high in potassium (that should be OK a few months out); bananas, kidney beans, lima beans, Wendy's Chili, yogurt, spinach (cooked-microwaved), peas, broccoli... 
TrueNorthFriend
on 11/30/11 9:05 am - Canada
 What do you do for work?  If it is physical activity - you might be all out of energy at the end of the workday.

If you go to bed early, and sleep well, but long - chances are you need the rest.  You are still healing, and you are in the most intense portion of weight loss.  Sleep is good to allow your body to heal and figure things out.  Also, the body normally gets a message for more rest when daylight decreases.  We may be more sensitive to those cues right now.

Me personally, I experienced body slam fatigue for mos 3 - 6, more or less.  The energy I had was nervous energy.

So, it is very possible to be very tired and to be perfectly healthy - and just experiencing a normal response to massive changes.

BUT - don't let that prevent you from getting checked out, labs, etc - and consult with family doc or surgeon.  Ditto to what everyone said already....

LJ1972
on 11/30/11 1:41 pm - FL
i noticed a great difference when I went from sublingual b12 to the injections every 2 weeks. Never thought I would look forward to sticking myself lol
Most Active
Recent Topics