finaly post op labs

newtintn
on 12/3/11 3:26 pm - TN
At nearly 8 mo post op i FINALLY got my labs. Everything looks good except my b and d...one was 3 one was 8 (cant remember which i was driving when she called to to tell me and couldnt write it down). All she asked was if i had been feeling tired, whcih i have but I attributed it to a new schedule at work. What do these two things effect anyway? 

Dave Chambers
on 12/3/11 10:13 pm - Mira Loma, CA
ALWAYS get a printed lab report. Many insurance companies have online viewing of your labs. Or call your doc and ask for a copy to be mailed to you, faxed to you, or have one ready for you to personally pick up.  If either D or B (assuming it was likely B12 since the question about being tired was asked) was really 3 or 8, then you have BIG issues.  B12 should be 900-1000 and D should be 80-90.  Sublingual B12 at 1000mcg daily and a 50K IU dry D3 taken 4 times a week will get these numbers up, assuming those were the real issues.  Without a printed lab report, we're just guessing.  Both D and B12 will affect energy, but also leave you prone to many other issues. Get a printed report. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 12/3/11 11:17 pm - OH
Which B?  B12?  I'm guessing something else because you would be very, very ill if your B12 was only 3 or 8?  As far as what things the B vitamins affect, it depends on which B vitamin you're talking about.

For vitamin D, if it is below 80, you won't absorb calcium well.  You are at higher risk for osteoporosis, heart disease and some kinds of cancer.  Your immune system won't function as well as it should so you may get sick easily.  You will have weakness, fatigue, maybe depression, maybe also muscle and joint pain.

Are you taking any D3?  You need lots, lots more.

You also need to find out which B is low.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views