People Scare Me

camsgurl
on 12/4/11 12:21 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
Hello! I am a newbie that is considering having the RNY surgery. I have made it to all my pre-op appts. and am now waiting on a surgery date. I have been reluctant to tell many people about the surgery becuse most people only give me negative feedback. I always hear, "well I know someone that's had it that's had this problem, or that problem". Most of it is false info. I know of, I've done my homework. What is a good way to let people know that this surgery is going to better me. I am 30 years old with no health problems and no bad medical history. I'm so glad I have found this site for great support!!!
poet_kelly
on 12/4/11 11:43 pm - OH
Say "This surgery is going to make me  healthier.  Please stop trying to scare me."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cindybogge
on 12/5/11 1:17 am
You sound exactly like me.  I am just super morbidly obese.  I am lucky that I do not have diabetes, high blood pressure or anything except arthritis and deg. disc in my lumbar.  I didn't tell people for the exact same reasons as you.  While we may be "healthy" now we will not remain that way 20+ yrs. down the road if we keep this weight on.  Hang in there and listen to your own heart and soul.  Only you and God knows what is right for your health and body.  Don't listen to the naysayers.  Take care.
InkdSpEdTchr
on 12/5/11 3:46 am
When someone says, "Oh I know someone who had that and got XYZ" I ask them for that persons name and number...guess what the reply is..."Uh, well I uh...don't uh..." yeah they got nothing, but a bunch of hearsay baloney! LOL!!

Glad to hear your did your homework, your journey will be much easier if you are prepared!

Good Luck,
:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Not the Same Dawn
on 12/5/11 3:48 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Tuck the negative comments into the back of your brain and leave them there..Some people actually came out and said "Well, when you gain it all back...." and that's stuck with me...stored in the back of my brain. Now that I'm 5+ years out and STILL at goal, I have the last laugh on them..

HA..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views