5 days postop and feeling great!

Trish S.
on 12/8/11 10:30 pm - Upstate , NY
Had my RNY on Monday, and I'm feeling great.  My stomach feels like I did a few extra situps...just a tiny bit sore...not bad at all.  I'm having no trouble getting in all of my fluids, and I tried Syntrax nectars first for protein.....too sweet for me right now.  I've found Unjury and Protizyme.....LOVE IT!  I mix it with Hemp milk....which I NEVER thought this country girl would be drinking!  This morning I had the peanut butter cookie and it was GREAT!  I'm walking, and taking it easy...doing exactly what the surgeon ordered.  Giving myself my own injections with lovenox is really simple and totally painless.  The only real pain I had was day 2 when the gas kicked in.  When I did about 50 laps in the hospital, it started moving and then my body got rid of it.  All you pre-oppers......GO FOR IT!!!!  So glad I did it!  Thank you all for all of your inspiration, I'm onto the next phase of recuperating!  Happy Holidays Everyone!!!  and good luck to everyone who is having surgery soon!!!!
--Trish
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

dori M.
on 12/8/11 11:06 pm - MD
I'm glad your doing so well. Take it easy and keep on sipping.

BeautifulCajun
on 12/8/11 11:07 pm - Evangeline , LA
WOW! Congrats!! love the motivation!! keep it up!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 12:00 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Terrific! So glad to see another successful post-op!
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 1:21 am
On December 9, 2011 at 6:30 AM Pacific Time, Trish S. wrote:
Had my RNY on Monday, and I'm feeling great.  My stomach feels like I did a few extra situps...just a tiny bit sore...not bad at all.  I'm having no trouble getting in all of my fluids, and I tried Syntrax nectars first for protein.....too sweet for me right now.  I've found Unjury and Protizyme.....LOVE IT!  I mix it with Hemp milk....which I NEVER thought this country girl would be drinking!  This morning I had the peanut butter cookie and it was GREAT!  I'm walking, and taking it easy...doing exactly what the surgeon ordered.  Giving myself my own injections with lovenox is really simple and totally painless.  The only real pain I had was day 2 when the gas kicked in.  When I did about 50 laps in the hospital, it started moving and then my body got rid of it.  All you pre-oppers......GO FOR IT!!!!  So glad I did it!  Thank you all for all of your inspiration, I'm onto the next phase of recuperating!  Happy Holidays Everyone!!!  and good luck to everyone who is having surgery soon!!!!
--Trish
 A few extra situps?   It's been so long since I have been able to do a sit up I forgot what that felt like. Hopefully soon though. 

So glad you are doing so well. I just have my 2 week check up and had lost 16 pounds. One of the ladies that was in the office with me has lost 26 in two weeks. WOW. 

I have a really bad bad back, so the exercise has been tough on me. I began walking about 1/2 mile a day. Started on about day three home from the hospital and was able to do  a mile yesterday.  
Love, Love, Love RNY
KELLY R.
on 12/9/11 4:17 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

I pray I feel as good as you do when I get done :) 

Congrats!!!

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

cleach1972
on 12/9/11 9:44 am
I also had surgery on Monday and I'm feeling pretty good as well. I'm walking my hallway every hour and taking in my fluids. My head thinks I can run a marathon but my body reminds me I just had some major surgery and I have to take it easy. Its funny that you mention you feel like you did too many sit ups cause when my surgeon asked about my pain that is the exact I described it to him...anyway just wanted to say good luck to you on this journey and I'll see ya on the losers bench...
00NewBeginnings00
on 12/10/11 10:04 am
RNY on 02/06/12
I am glad you are doing so well!!
I have my surgery in 10 days!!

It's nice to read something positive on here!!

Keep up the good work!!
Most Active
Recent Topics