X post Please be careful

Sookie77
on 12/12/11 2:08 am - Milton, NH
I haven't posted in a little while, life has just been very hard. 
This past weekend I had to attend the funeral of a very dear friend who had RNY just before I did in 2010.  She l was drinking way too much and they think she died due to accidental alcohol poisoning.  If she hadn't had the bypass she might have lived, but she just didn't realize how dangerous drinking could be.  She was having a very tough time and things were not going well for her, and she had turned to alcohol to find comfort.  I know there is nothing that could have been done, but to lose her at 42, and she leaves behind a husband and 2 teen age boys it is very tough.  Such a waste of life.  I have run the gamut of being sad, mad, and angry, but most of all I am just numb.  I don't want to lose anyone else to this "STUPIDITY" and that is all I can feel it is. 
Thank you for letting me vent, I didn't dare write before because if I did it might make it too real.  Now that I have attend the services and we buried her, I know in my heart that it is real and she is gone forever. 
Her favorite color was purple, and while my son and I set up for the luncheon after the funeral he looked up and pointed to 1 purple balloon that was up in the sky light, with that I did find comfort knowing it was a sign that she is watching us.
Sorry for the rambling, but I just needed to get this out of my system.
Love to you all, hug the ones you love and tell them.  Tomorrow is promised to no one.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/12/11 2:14 am - Baltimore, MD
HUGS and thanks for sharing.
Pam S.
on 12/12/11 2:29 am - MD
That's so sad. I'm so sorry. I just had my surgery on Friday so I appreciate you taking the time to share. Stay strong and God bless. 

Patty P.
on 12/12/11 3:33 am
No one can take away your pain...but know we are all praying for you and her family!
Trish S.
on 12/12/11 3:48 am - Upstate , NY
So sorry for your loss..........Sending prayers your way
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 167 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views