One week post-op!!

Jocelynn
on 12/15/11 12:05 am - Leeper, PA
Here it is, one week after surgery, and I'm finally starting to feel really great! I am completely off the pain meds as of Monday. Truth be told, I never felt much pain from the surgery itself.... actually what was worse for me was the back pain I suffered through those first few days. I'm normally a side/tummy sleeper so being on my back so long was MISERABLE!! But all worth it, of course.

At first I found it really difficult to get in all my protien, but I think I have a routine down now [[I'm just so worried about my hair!!]]. I think it's difficult because this is the first time in my life I never feel hungry. I'm really enjoying that, but I just have to keep reminding myself to sip, sip, sip!!

As for the numbers, I am down 10.5 pounds since the morning of surgery, plus I lost the 8 or so pounds I put on while in the hospital [[I was pretty
shocked to get home and see the scale read HIGHER than when I left... has this happened to anyone else?]]. I'm already enjoying the subtle differences I see, and can't wait to see more and more!
 Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly

taller_tales
on 12/15/11 12:28 am - MA
I'm two weeks out myself. They definitely pump you full of fluids in the hospital. It took the whole two weeks for me to get rid of that too.

I am a side sleeper as well! It was something I hadn't thought of before surgery but the first time I was able to sleep on my side was great. :) 

Congratulations on the loss so far and there will be lots more to come.

princess_raspberry
on 12/15/11 12:40 am
Congrats to you!

I'm a side sleeper too and my drain is still in on my right side. I can't wait to get it out next week so I can sleep on that side too. It's been great being home though, I enjoyed my own bed and sleeping on my left side last night.

My hands are still swollen from the fluids I got in the hospital. It's getting better and I hope it's gone in a few more days. I'm down 9.2 lbs from my surgery in 4 days.
ntine4
on 12/15/11 3:13 am
I had the same miserable back pain as you did also. It does get better all the pillows around me the first few weeks at home so i could sleep on my side.

good job..keep it up.

mimijo
on 12/15/11 3:56 am
I am right there with you!  My back hurts like crazy!!!!  My surgery was same day as yours.  Yesterday was first day I got all my protein in.  I can't stand the protein drinks llike vanilla and chocolate anymore!  I would have died without the nectar protein I bought last minute!  Sleeping is my toughest.  I have SEVERE bruising very bad dark dark purple bruises over 75% of my stomach and into my back.  I feel like someone beat the stuffing out of me!!!!!

I am down 10 pounds from the liquid diet before and now down 11 pounds since surgery so pretty darned close! 

I too weighed more when I left the hospital, I was mortified!  I thought no way! 

Good luck surgery buddy!  Hang in there!  Glad to see you on this side!