Pre-Op Class today

nkara
on 12/15/11 7:23 am
 My doctor makes us go to a mandatory pre op class.  Boy did I learn a lot of information.  

I will have a PCA and foley while in the hospital and I might have an NGT but she said more than likely they will remove the tube prior to me waking up.   

I learned about the vitamins I need and what diet I will be on which for my surgeon they require 4 weeks of pureed once your home from the hospital.  All in all I am very glad they require this class.  

I'm getting nervous now!!!!!    eeekkk 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Jenysis
on 12/15/11 7:38 am - Lancaster, CA
RNY on 10/19/11 with
Don't get nervous! This is where the fun starts! Just follow all the directions post op and nothing will go wrong.
Especially remember to drink and drink and drink and drink when you are out of the hospital and everything will be fine!
Good luck to you!

MeganGish
on 12/15/11 7:51 am - Ashland, KY
 I had my preop class today too. Like you, i will also have a pca pump that will be removed 24 hours after surgery.    I will also possibly have a drain depending on how much drainage there is during surgery.   I will only be on lovenox injections the first 48 hours and then will go home without them.    All and all it is alot of information to retain but it's nothing i can't handle having had 7 prior abdominal surgeries.    
Most Active
Recent Topics