fresh juice

wendydettmer
on 12/17/11 3:33 am - Rochester, NY
 Another random question.

I enjoy making my own vegetable and fruit juice.  my NUT said to be careful of the natural sugars in case of dumping, but I was just wondering if anyone here juices and when we can introduce them?

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Dave Chambers
on 12/17/11 3:57 am - Mira Loma, CA

I don't do "juicing" and rarely have a glass of juice. It's far more beneficial to have an orange then a glass of OJ, as it takes something like 7-8 oranges to make the juice for one.  High acidic juices can be an irritant for new post ops. One recent post op meeting a 1 1/2 year RNY post op just announced he'd been in the hospital for 4 days, and was on meds for an ulcer. He did not smoke or drink at all. His doctor surmized his issue was likely due to his high consumption of citrus juices, eating oranges, graperfruit, etc. this past summer. He said he also drank near 2 gallongs of the ruby red grapefruit flavored Crystal Lite.  He says he's OK now, but he has minimal juices and citrus fruits and smaller amounts of the same Crystal Lite. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude