6 months out............still losing over Christmas!!

Holly O.
on 12/26/11 2:29 am - FL
I am 6 months out...down 65 lbs. and still losing over Christmas.  I saw the Dr. last month and am down 7 lbs. since I saw him.  Without the Bypass I never would of done this well over the holidays.  One interesting thing I discovered about myself........when I eat a little sweets.....I get light headed...........no dumping just get that light headed feeling.....feel very very tired so it was a sign to STAY AWAY.........and I did.  I wish you all well over the New Year!!
   Holly                                      
roxie46
on 12/26/11 3:10 am
thats great,I am little over 7 months post op and since the liquid diet i lost total of 84 pounds and since my surgery total of 69. i my self agree with u i would not be able to do it without the surgery. for me i would eat the food around the holidays cause i liked them and seem like i never felt full. but with the surgery what i did take i could not even eat and my daughter asked me if i was ok cause she have not seen what i am able to eat. i took a few bites then i was full. i made most of my sweets for my family and friend with splenda and when i told them they could not believe how good they taste with using splenda now they said they will make their sweets with splenda. i dont eat much of the sweets i make them for my fiance and everyone else i reather have my veggies or fresh fruit. I am still learning from on my journey new things and i am glad for this site. Thanks everyone even if u dont know what u helped me with just reading postings helped. good luck on ur new life.........Roxanne
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/11 7:45 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Darling, that is dumping.  Also may make you go nite-nite, so is known as "Carb Coma"

Welcome to Post-op LIfe.
losing-jennifer
on 12/26/11 9:06 am
Ya when I have too much carbs it knocks me out hard. But not before making me very sick. Not even worth it. Bleh!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views