The journey officially begins todat

Nana1953
on 12/27/11 1:00 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 Sitting in waiting room awaiting pre op testing.  Starting my two week liquid diet today.  Gulp!!! Lots of change and I am running full speed ahead to greet it.  Met a lady one week out in my surgeons waiting area and she was doing amazing!!!   I am Really all over the place as far as emotions.  Really grateful for this site.  
BBall58
on 12/27/11 3:22 am - MD
Welcome to the club.   Without question having this surgery has changed my life for the better.   Good luck to you.
Mary Ledoux
on 12/27/11 3:41 am - Londonderry, NH
RNY on 01/10/12
 Hi Nana!  How exciting!  I actually have my Pre-Op in two days with the hospital and on Jan 4th with my surgeon.  I started my liquid diet yesterday, and so far so good.  What time do you have to be at the hospital?  I have to be there early...7:30 am.  Very excited it's not later! We are in the final stretch as far as the surgery goes!  I am looking forward to starting my new journey once I wake up from surgery!

kkanitzz
on 12/27/11 3:50 am - MI
Hello there:)  I just had my surgery done (Gastric Bypass) on December 20th 2011.  I was as nervous as anyone could be going in that morning.  I always think the worse!  I have to tell you you have nothing to worry about:)  If you have a good Dr and a good hospital or clinic you're in good hands:)  My surgery had no complications.  I was in the hospital overnight and came home that next evening.  It's been a week today and my pain is very minimal now!!  Infact i ate my first scrambled egg today and so good so far!  Its an amazing feeling not to be hungry or think of food constantly!  I think the hardest part of this so far is trying to get as many fluids in me as i can.  Good luck and i know you will do well:)
Most Active
Recent Topics