Focusing on my water today

csiaj90
on 12/27/11 9:48 pm
I have been slacking in getting all of my water in each day. That ends TODAY! I have 20 oz. down already, shooting for 80 more.

dkasten
on 12/27/11 11:55 pm - SD
I'm trying to concentrate on getting the water down too. I was a huge water drinker before surgery but for some reason it's the hardest thing to do after surgery. It just doesn't go down well and feels like it just sits in my pouch and gurgles and sloshes around. I try to get more milk in and hot chocolate to help with the liquids too. Don't know what the problem is but hopefully with time it will get better.
FLJeepGirl
on 12/28/11 12:02 am
Me Too!
Bama_Wifey
on 12/28/11 1:06 am - AL
I, too, have had problems getting in my water/liquids.  I'm almost 3 months out and water just plain hurts.  I went for my 3 month follow-up appt yesterday and the doc, NUT, and fitness person all stressed how important it is to get in all my liquids.  I had only lost 5 pounds in the last month, which is a bit unusual (according to my dr) but I have not been taking in enough calories.  So, as of today, I will work harder on taking in 1000 calories per day, and a minimum of 64 oz of water/liquid.  (And according to all 3 experts, the lack of liquids could very well play a large roll in my weight loss stall).  So...bottoms up!
HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
Kimberly W.
on 12/28/11 3:54 am
Since the cold weather has come I have had a severe aversion to drinking anything cold, so i have been drinking a TON of coffee, I am curious if coffee counts toward liquid intake? Thoughts?

FLJeepGirl
on 12/28/11 4:01 am
Yes, Coffee Counts towards the water intake.  Just be careful of the additives (if you add them).  Also works as a diarettic...I have to get in my cup a day or the innerds (as my grandmother would say) don't work.

I'm at my 2nd 32 oz glass and about to go get a cup of coffee.  You could hang meat in the office at work.  I think they are trying to cut overhead by turning the heat off.  This is Florida, but it is now warmer outside and still chilly...somebody doesn't have their priorities in order (ahem)...taking my frozen fingers to the coffee pot now...