caught a cold

willoseit
on 12/29/11 8:29 am
i caught a sinus(head cold)  what medicine can I take for this...I am 3 1/2 weeks post-op.  Thanks.

Teresa

HW: 324.7  SW:      CW:        GW:165    
jacki_reed346
on 12/29/11 8:39 am - TN
 OTC cold meds are fine but try to find one that is sugar free and in liquid form or chewable.  I was told to use Childrens tylenol.....but I think it has sugar in it....I think as long as you stay under 5g of sugar then you should be ok.

MochaPJ
on 12/29/11 8:44 am - CA
Just treat your symptoms separately. Just keep it sugar free and NSAID free. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Getting sick that recently post-op is no fun.

poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 9:03 am - OH
Any one that doesn't contain NSAIDS.  Ask the pharmacist if you're not sure which ones have NSAIDS after reading the labels.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

littlewitch1973
on 12/29/11 9:44 am - NY
 I have a cold too. I have been using Mucinex, Tylenol Severe Cold and Afrin nasal spray. This combination has let me sleep at night... and no, I'm not taking them all together, lol.. the Afrin is twice a day (just before bed, and right after waking up) and I alternate the Mucinex and Tylenol every 4-6 hours. It has worked for me so far. 

Good luck - I hate being sick!! 

hstull1013
on 12/29/11 10:42 am - AZ
I had a cold last week but I was so afraid to take anything. I felt like every label I read on the cold medicine contained NSAIDS so I just said it wasn't worth it. I just kept up with my vitamins and did more home remedy stuff and it eventually went away. I was miserable but I am good now. I hope you feel better.

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
Most Active
Recent Topics