Happy New Year and I'm 5 days post op!

nkara
on 1/1/12 2:53 am
I'm an feeling so good it's amazing!  I can't believe I had surgery on Tuesday.  Long story short I had a revision from my crappy ass band to bypass.  My surgeon was able to do it lap and I had a tuff first two days in the hospital.  I always seem to have trouble waking from anesthesia.  I also have a very bad back so I was in pain from the beds there... everytime they would ask me how my pain was I'd say "my back". 

So here is the long and short of it for anyone going in soon.

Day of surgery - they come in a put on the TED stockings to prevent blood clots, put in your IV and wheel you into the operating room.  I was fast asleep before getting to the hallway never mind going into the OR.

After surgery... mine lasted 3 hours... they brought me to recovery.. I think.. I don't remember.  Then I went to a step down unit.  I had a very hard time waking up... but I had no tubes still in me other than my foley cathether, which I was glad because I did not want to wake up to walk to the bathroom.
Pain pump was awesome!  lol   used that whever I needed it.  

Day two ... still in a bit of pain with my back and yes the stomach was hurting.. but amazingly not that bad.  I got the foley out and the pain pump removed which I was bumbed.  Wanted those two things longer.   But anyway..... I also walked twice up and down the hall.   I didn't sleep much because I had a roommate from hell.  

Day three ... moved to another floor and stayed in the recliner most of the night and day.  I got up to the bathroom when I wanted and had not too many problems with pain.  I think I asked for pain meds maybe 3 or 4 times.

I was discharged on day three and got to my mothers house at night.... the next day when I woke up I felt so good!    I took a shower with my mothers help and I can honestly say I feel like I did a million sit ups but that's it.  

I can tolerate liguids and the pureed stage.  I didn't start the pureeds until yesterday.  I'm slowly adding things... first it was applesauce... then pureed cottage cheese with banana ... and today I tried pureed pea soup.   So far so good! 

I want to wish all of you a healthy and happy new year!

OH did I mention I've already lost 10 lbs? 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Libby0218
on 1/1/12 2:57 am - TX
So glad you're feeling well and things are going well.

Thanks for the update.
KatReDo
on 1/1/12 2:57 am
WOOHOO to the quick recovery! I am glad everything is going smoothly for you! I had liquids for 6 days, I never want to eat jello again! lol........Happy New Year to you!
Rdy4change11
on 1/1/12 3:31 am - GA
Glad you're home and everything went well!  Wishing you a quick recovery!
Sheri W.
on 1/1/12 3:37 am - Kansas City, MO
It sounds like you had a safe & uneventful procedure, much like mine on the 20th. Thanks for keeping us updated & I hope things continue to go smoothly for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics