I think I am feeling better!!!!!

newbie38
on 1/5/12 1:00 am
I am so afraid to say it....I know I shouldn't...but I think I am making a turn for the better...still bellyaches but so much better then it was.  I did dry heave all of New Years Weekend...funny thing is people thought I was drunk hanging out the car but I wasn't hahahahahah.  I still am nauseated at times but I have been able to get a little more in me.  I am really craving water and fruit.  Last night the kids and I went grocery shopping and I was later able to eat a slice of chicken roll lunchmeat.  I am aiming for protein drinks and water but also trying to get small amounts of food in...it seems at times my belly ache is from an empty stomach and it is empty often so that doesn't surprise me.   I couldn't find any crystal light that I liked which was odd because before surgery I loved it...but I tried orange and I loved it...so that is helping with the water.  I made a hot protein drink the other night..now I didn't fini**** all, I just couldn't but I did drink some and was so proud.  I need all the energy I can get and I don't want to not get my protein in...all the drinks just make me feel so sick to even smell them.  I also did blend up a few strawberries, ice and protein..I know it sounds gross but that is what I could handle.  I think my body just needs nutrients..well I know it does.  My shoulders have been very achy and I think that is also from the lack of food and protein.   I am aiming now to get the water and protein in and I do already take my supplements.  I will eat small amounts of easy to eat things and hope that my stomach just keeps getting better and better.  The hardest thing is stocking up on all of the supplies I need like syrups etc.    I did get some greek yogurt and have been really looking at the recipes on eggface and bariatric foodie.  Does anyone have an opinion on the Unjury soup??  I hated the chicken broth at the hospital and at home so I don't wanna order if it tastes like that.  I love soup brouth from real soup like wonton soup or chicken noodle.    I want to thank all of you for letting me reach out on here and giving me all of your advice and suggestions....it is so helpful and makes me know that at almost 8 weeks out I will be ok in time...I can do this!!!
leebee214
on 1/5/12 2:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
hello, and congrats on your surgery.... it does get easier with time... get your protein in, if you have to drink 2-3 shakes a day, do it. soup is good for you right now(all soups). i am a year and a half out and i still drink 2-3 protein drinks a day (pure protein). plus i eat a little of chicken and other meats and fish. i still am not hungrey at all i have to make myself eat... sometimes i forget to eat.. but i still drink. make sure you take all your vitiams everyday...this is a must..
good luck to you,
lisa

newbie38
on 1/5/12 2:46 am
What kinds of soup did you eat???  I only have drank broth..I get scared....my stomach has been a mess so I am really glad that it seems it is settling a little.  It is still upset a good bit but not as bad and I also had this horrible taste in my mouth..it is not completely gone but it isn't as bad either.  I have been focusing on the vitamins, water, and then shakes....shakes have been really hard....but I am trying new recipes and sometimes just trying to force it.....I have yet to finish a whole protein drink...I waste so much but I am doing what I can.  I had my surgery at Magee and it is funny because my doc doesn't seem to require all the supplements that many take so I think I am going to go ahead and take more of what the hospitals recommendations were.  I don't want to be come deficient in anything.  How do you feel a year and a half out??  What is a daily day of eating like for you??  Im just curious of what to expect.  Thanks again for your kind words.  I knew this would be hard but I don't think I ever realized just how hard..its ok it will be worth it and I know that!!!  Some days are just harder then others.  Best of luck to you also!!!
leebee214
on 1/5/12 9:31 am - Pittsburgh, PA
any kind of soup... just make sure you chew, chew, chew.... i did alot of cream of anything soup... i got tired of broth... so i had all kind of cream soup, mushroom, brocc, potato, celery....and trust me if you get 4 spoons down that is good. i still dont eat alot of stuff... i eat often and little bit at a time... i sent you a message.. and i see you are from the pittsburgh area... me to, i had dr. hamad from magee.

undergoingchange
on 1/5/12 7:15 am
I had my surgery the same day you did and I am still on Bariatric liquids until I go back to the surgeon on 1/13.

I am evnious that you get to eat.  But I am fortunate that I have had no nausea.

I have read some people love the Unjury soup and some people hate it.  I have not tried it myself.

I use Manichevitz chicken broth which is found in the ethnic section.  It is much more flavorful than any of the others I tried.

I also read on a post earlier that someone was drinking the liquid off Ramen Noodles.  I had not thought of that.  There are many flavors of those.
newbie38
on 1/5/12 7:30 am
Oh I am sorry I should have clarified there..I tried to fix my profile but couldn't....my surgery was 11/11/11 the date on there is the date I signed up for this site..sorry.  It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since my surgery.  I am trying but somedays are tough....I know it will get better I just need that reassurance you know????  I hope things continue to go well for you!  This site has been so good for me!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 238 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views