Different scale readings

Loveshinesthru
on 1/5/12 9:48 am - Mesa, AZ
 My digital scale is like that too, I bought a used one yesterday from my local goodwill. The new one reads the same as my drs office. Which is 8 lbs more than my digital. My digital fluctuates depending on what foot you step on it with. But I hate the weight increase with the new scale! grr! Im 249 on the new scale and 241 on the old one. :( what to do?

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

dasie
on 1/4/12 6:32 pm
I based my loss on 1 scale for the reason you mentioned.  I did not have a scale until the end of my first year, so I weighed at the gym as little as possible.  That  was the scale I used to gauge my weight loss.

A. C
on 1/5/12 10:30 am
dasie - good idea - i think i may (for now) just weigh at the docs office until i can use a regular old dial scale :)

how do you like dr sherman and his staff? i'm pretty happy so far :)
dasie
on 1/5/12 6:16 pm
I completely missed the fact  you were one of Dr. Sherman's patients.  I cannot speak highly enough about him. 

I had my surgery when he was at Baylor College of Medicine and naturally followed him to Methodist.  I went to 4 seminars pre op and had 2 more scheduled.  At one seminar the insurance coordinator who spoke said if we did meet all necessary insurance requirements, don't bother starting the process.  Their seminar had so many attendeess, and at the time, I did not know anything about that clinic.  It was very discouraging. 

Dr. Sherman's staff on the other hand, was encouraging and kept telling me I had nothing to lose and needed to try.  Among some of my issues were I never went to the doctor until 8 months prior to surgery - and had a number of issues going on.  I did not have the necessary medical documentation.  So, I had a couple of additional physicians write letters on my behalf.  I have no doubt that other program would have felt I was wasting their time.  I had another clinic basically say the same thing.  

My care from him has been exceptional.  His staff, likewise, as been equally caring and professional.  I have no doubt my decision to use him was the best decision I could have made.  I think when he was Director of the program at Baylor, things ran a bit more smoothly.  Now he is part of Methodist'slarge  surgery deparment, so  the process is different.

Most Active
Recent Topics