What could be going on?

willoseit
on 1/8/12 8:12 am
I know you all are not doctors but we have all had this surgery and sometimes those who have been there are done that could be more knowledgeable.  I will be calling doctor in morning and making an appointment but i thought i could get some advice from you all so that i can go to him armed with information.  I will be 5 weeks out tomorrow and for the last few days I have noticed just drinking water or eating anything that I constantly have a ache in between my breasts like on the breast bone.  It aches even when i take a deep breath like someone hit me really hard and bruised me.... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Teresa

HW: 324.7  SW:      CW:        GW:165    
Trish S.
on 1/8/12 8:19 am - Upstate , NY
Hi!  I'm 5 weeks out tomorrow too!!  I too, at times, have that ache between my breasts....I find that it is gas.....I've been having trouble with cold water, then ho****er, then any water.....but it is finally subsiding.  It seems as though when I get that ache, if I get up and walk and walk....I finally burp it up and it feels better. I get air bubbles a lot.  I don't know if this is what is causing your pain, but good luck to you. 
--Trish
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 8:38 am - Canada
I had pain like that through recovery as well. I am not sure if it is gas, or what. My pouch did not like cold water in the least.

I still get pain similar if I fill my pouch too full.  Are you on an acid blocker? From what you are saying in my opinion it is normal, but good thing to aways check with your surgeon.
cajuntjm
on 1/8/12 10:12 am - Greensboro, NC
I had the same problem too.  It was worse when I drank water that was not room temperature.  It did pass over time but was very uncomfortable.

Bettisima
on 1/8/12 10:19 am
If you were able to drink or eat previously without that pressure/pain, it could be a stricture. Focus on fluids until you have the chance to speak with your doctor.

Strictures are not uncommon, they are easy to fix. Sometimes people have to have them dilated more than once, but I only had to do it once.

Try the room temp fluids, focus on staying hydrated and speak with your doctor first thing Monday.

Best of luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics