I have the WORST gas EVER!

csiaj90
on 1/8/12 10:21 pm

I had my RNY August 16, 2011 and my gallbladder removed October 24, 2011.

I can literally clear a room. It wakes me up in the middle of a deep sleep.

Does anyone else experience this? Know of anything that can help when I don't feel like torturing my significant other?

Thumbelina
on 1/8/12 10:27 pm - MI
i get gas so bad it goes up into my shoulder blade and neck and is very painful.. It's a side affect from the surgery.. I'm 18 months out and still get bad gas pains...However mine don't stink..
Dave Chambers
on 1/8/12 11:49 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Devrom is a pill you can purchase online. It's supposed to help with minimize gas issues, but likely won't make it completely go away. Gas odors vary with patients and their current diet.  Ozium is a spray that's been around a long time.  It comes in purse sized 8/10 oz size, 3.5 oz size and a 14 oz size.  My wife had an early gastric surgery for wt loss in 1980, and she described her gas as "it could peel wallpaper". That's were we learned about Ozium from her surgeon, and we travelled everywhere with it.  It comes in several scents, but we prefer the original scent.  Auto parts stores usually carry it, but you'll likely find it else where, including online and other local stroes.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

candie33
on 1/9/12 12:02 am
I know exactly what you me.  I am having the same issue. So I will wait to read what works. I have heard people say sugar alchols contribute to smelly gas or the carbs that one consumes.

hollie63
on 1/9/12 1:19 am
Oh yea, I feel your pain, mine is terrible!  But oddly, it's only in the morning...not sure why. 
lastchanceslim46
on 1/9/12 6:36 am
I get it every night usally not bad, but I can clear a room, lol.
Tammy G.
on 1/9/12 8:34 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
I was having horrible problems....and I didn't have a clue why..turned out I suddenly became lactose intolerant. I cut out milk and my problem miraculously went away.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.