Vitamin question for Kelly.

_Donna_
on 1/10/12 4:44 am
On January 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM Pacific Time, time4it wrote:
I am just on Day 20 but my doc just has me on 2 centrum chewables a day and 2 Pepcid (for calcium) so far. Also on 5000 mg of B12 weekly. Do I need to be doing more this early? What about Biotin?
2 pepcid for calcium? Is that like the calcium in tums? If so, it's the wrong kind. You need calcium citrate, not carbonate.
There is a lot more you could be or should be taking....Vit. D3, Vit. C, Iron, Selenium to name a few.

RNY 5-5-2011

poet_kelly
on 1/10/12 7:27 am - OH
Yes, it's just like Tums.  And yes, it's the wrong kind.  But that is what he doctor is specifically telling her to take.  I get so mad when I hear of surgeons doing that.  People want to do what their surgeons say, and they should be able to trust their surgeons.  But then we see things like this, and know that unfortunately, some people cannot count on their surgeons to give them good advice when it comes to vitamins.

Her surgeon is saying to switch to calcium citrate after six weeks, so at least she will only be without calcium for six weeks.  And only wasting her money on calcium she cannot absorb for six weeks.  But that's still sad.  And still makes me mad.  I'm not mad at her, I'm mad at her surgeon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

_Donna_
on 1/10/12 8:01 am
I understand.
Sometimes I want to just scream "Your doctor is wrong!!!"
But, I too wasted money on things because I didnt read a label fully or was misguided. That's why I am so greatful for this website!
princess_raspberry
on 1/11/12 7:45 am
I'm thinking the pepcid is more for acid right now than calcium. Maybe that is why you are on it.
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

kcooley11
on 1/12/12 12:12 am - CA
Hey Christine, I talked to Ben yesterday and he told me not to take the Iron until my 4mo labs. The Calcium I take is by TwinLab, Calcium Citrate (1000mg) Chewable + 800 D3. I take 1/2 tab 3x/day. I get them at Vitamin Shop. 
Most Active
Recent Topics