Any advice for me before my RNY on Mon, 1/23 ?

Linda H.
on 1/16/12 8:37 am - NC

Right now I'm feeling....happy..excited..pensive..a little frightened...unsure.

Any words of wisdom for me?

boneswag
on 1/16/12 8:39 am
Get ready for the ride of your life!!!  It is such a great trip!!!

Linda H.
on 1/16/12 8:57 am - NC
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!             Thanks!
marydillon
on 1/16/12 10:30 am
How much does gastric bipass cost in Houston, texas or in other areas what did it cost.
Lisa R.
on 1/16/12 8:40 am - CA
 Take chap stick and make sure to find a good support group.  You don't want to do this alone, you need others who have been there done that with you.

good luck!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Linda H.
on 1/16/12 9:00 am - NC
I love practical advice....like taking chap stick!    I'll do that!  Thanks!
AddisynsMommy
on 1/16/12 10:30 am - FL
 Good luck and congrats! Yes chapstick was wonderful I brought a whole bunch of crap i never touched. I had my cell charger chapstick only things i touched. Bring some comfy slippers for walking and baggy clothes for the trip home and maybe a lil pillow. Oh and take the pain meds before the pain gets bad trust me i tried to be a billy bad ass and not take my meds as i was suppose to note I had my surgery open and I regretted it bad! 

Linda H.
on 1/16/12 12:03 pm - NC
Thanks for the cell charger reminder!  And I'm pretty wimpy so will be sure to take meds early.

BTW, you're doing GREAT with your weight loss!  Congratulations!
graceinpas
on 1/16/12 11:28 am
 I sent myself a small bouquet so that I would have something beautiful in my room when I got there.  I also brought my toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, a hairbrush, face cream and body lotion.  A robe for walking the halls and a light pretty lapblanket from home.  All of these things made me happier/more comfortable.
Walk as much as you can and sit in your chair instead of the bed as much as possible.

Good luck!!!

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
Linda H.
on 1/16/12 12:07 pm - NC
Thanks for the great ideas...its always good  to feel like you're comfortable with your own nice things around you.  I wish you well with your recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics