Gurgling..HELP!

ohioh
on 1/20/12 11:36 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Ok, I have a question for you vets out there.  I am 14 months out and just in the past few weeks I have started having horrible, LOUD gurgling on my left side (pouch/intestines).  It's not that I'm about to pass gass or anything, but after I eat it is SOO loud that it is embarrassing. I have to attend alot of meetings for work and I literally can't eat if I have to be in any meetings.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to tame this?  It really has become a problem!  AAACKKK!

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
ohioh
on 1/20/12 11:37 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Oh, and I don't eat sugar alcohols because I can't handle those, they make me gassy so I know it isn't those!
Lori P.
on 1/20/12 11:55 am - Kenosha, WI
No solutions here....but yesterday I was conducting a unit meeting and my stomach started making awful noises...my coordinator looks over at me with a worried look....I smiled sweetly and said "so sorry my stomach is misbehaving again"....several people giggled as they ALL heard it .....they all know I have had surgery and that I do that sometimes....but geez!!! 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

ohioh
on 1/20/12 12:00 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
It makes me really uncomfortable. I am a special education director and I have meetings with the parents of children all the time. It's awful.    Plus, it just started..I can't figure that out!
poet_kelly
on 1/20/12 12:30 pm - OH
Mine's done it since surgery.  I don't know of any way to make it stop.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/12 12:39 pm - Boston, MA
 My stomach has done that since surgery, certain foods make it happen especially fruit!  I try to avoid the things I know make it happen while I'm at work.. any other time I don't care! =)
undergoingchange
on 1/20/12 1:41 pm
I'm only 3 and 1/2 weeks out so I know it is really common for mine to be gurgling a lot.  But last night it was carrying so that my dog got out of my lap.  He kept looking at my stomach like "what the heck?".  He got up a couple of times then laid back down but finally just got out of my lap.
Keeves
on 1/21/12 8:18 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Has anyone tried Beano? (see www.beanogas.com) I've been thinking of trying it, but want to hear from others first.

Thumbelina
on 1/21/12 8:20 am - MI
 Mine does the same thing.
Paula F.
on 1/22/12 8:44 am - Rochester Hills , MI
I want to know how you got to be so lucky to be over a year out before it started happening to you? ;o)  Mine has done it since right after the surgery.  I have had to apologize to patients (I'm a dental assistant, so my stomach is right next to your ear).  When mine does it, it sounds like someone has pulled the plug on the bathtub.  Long, intense gurgling.

Funny how we have traded things off.  I responded to a post earlier about foul gas since surgery.  I look great now compared to preop, but I don't sound or smell too great! LOL!!!!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views