Left side and shoulder pain...5 months out.

Dan OBrien
on 1/23/12 2:27 am - FL
I started having pain in my left side a few days ago (almost like a stitch when running) and then it started in my left shoulder joint too.  It worsens with deep breaths.  I know with the rapid weight loss, alot of things move around inside, and have more room to do so. 

I had this same pain right after surgery - has anyone had it return, or should I break down and see a doc? 
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

MrsJButler
on 1/23/12 2:42 am - Canada
I had this pain about a month ago. I work in a hospital so I was sent down to the ER cause it felt like my heart was being stabbed. They did an EKG, XRay and took blood and found nothing unusual, it has yet to return so im not too too worried. Figured I pulled something at the gym. Good luck and hope it doesn't happen often.
pattymac65
on 1/23/12 3:56 am
I'm 3 months out and the pain on my left side has never gone away completely.  3 mo checkup this Wednesday so I'll see what the doctor says.  Lots of shoulder and hip pain too.
buckeyegirl27
on 1/23/12 7:34 am
RNY on 12/14/10 with
Also had intermittent pain like what you are describing and after many failed attempts to find out what was going on at my local er with ct scans and everything, I went to my surgeon and he said it was probably an internal hernia, so he went in for exploratory and definitely there it was and he fixed it....go talk to your surgeon...they don't always show up on tests!!!

Lady Lithia
on 1/23/12 9:03 am
ANY time you have left shoulder pain, you should see a doctor. Just because one person had the pain and it amounted to nothing doesn't mean you have the same issue. This is a primary symptom of heart attack. See a doc, check it out, be safe.

Three times in her life my mother (not a doctor or a nurse) was called by friends of hers who explained they were having a bit of pain in their shoulder, trouble breathing... two took her advice and while they WERE having heart attacks, they lived on... the third didn't take her advice and didn't live to see the next day.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket