yay stricture fixed!!!

jenfasano
on 1/30/12 6:06 am - CT
Thank YOU LORD my doc fixed my stricture today it was 8 and she stretched it to 12!!  Wow what a relief.  Now I can enjoy my journey, praying that it doesnt happen again.  I was told it could happen a few more times but I really really hope not!!

jen

mustangmama
on 1/30/12 6:30 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
How far out from surgery were you before you began experiencing symptoms of a stricture, and what were they?  Does the doctor fix the stricture in his office?

jenfasano
on 1/30/12 7:54 pm - CT
It was a few weeks and It was hard to eat anything when i got to the pureed stage couldnt eat anything felt sick to my stomach, threw up a few times and had this discusting gurgling in  my gut most of the time!!  Others say that they cant hold anything down and throw up all the time, once i realized it wasnt going down i stopped eating.  Some people cant even ge****er down which was getting hard for me also.  It will just depend how small your hole closes to.  You have to go to the hospital they put you to sleep to do it.  If your experiencing any of this go to the doctor DONT wait trust me it only gets worse and you will get dehydrated.

jen

mustangmama
on 1/30/12 9:13 pm - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Thanks for the info.  i don't think i have a stricture yet becasue I can eat and drink just fine...I just feel nauseated sometimes afterwards.  Hopefully, I'm not developing one.

I'm glad you got yours fix and feeling good... 

sknd34
on 1/30/12 8:11 am - West Fargo, ND
When I had my first dilatation I was at 5 mm and he tried to stretch to 15 mm and I had a partial perf. On my 2nd dilatation, I was at 5 mm and he stretched it to 10 mm. On the 3rd dilatation, I don't know what I was at prior to the dil (I was having trouble with liquids, but it was progressing) and he stretched it to 15 mm. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since my last dilatation and so far so good. He said that I would probably need 1-2 more before all is said and done, but not for a while.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
jenfasano
on 1/30/12 7:49 pm - CT
omg you had to have that many??? ugh Im praying that mine stays that was the most aweful thing not being able to eat !!  I didnt even know what it was so I was starving myself for like weeks!! Dumb i know for not calling my doc but wow im glad i did!  How long before yours went down again once you had it done???

jen

sknd34
on 1/31/12 12:33 am - West Fargo, ND
I had the first dilataton done 10 days post op. The second was done  2.5 weeks after that. The third was done 2.5 weeks after the second one.  I could of waited longer for the third but decided to be proactive instead of reactive. didn't like the way I felt before the first two and I live 2 hours away from my surgeon so didn't want it to be an emergency either.
jenfasano
on 1/31/12 1:01 am - CT
ok so i just tried to eat a yogurt and feel like im going to puke :( wow is it possible to go back in one day???? wow this really stinks big time , i feel worse than i did before i had it done???

jen
sknd34
on 1/31/12 1:10 am - West Fargo, ND
I would call them. I stayed on thin liquids for a good day and then slowly advanced up to full liquids. What kind of yogurt is it? If it is greek yogurt, I would back off cause it is probably to thick yet. Definitely call them, I felt better almost right away.
Loveshinesthru
on 1/31/12 7:30 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I had 6 done in about 7 weeks. Im praying that that was the last of them. I was 7mm when they started. dil to 10 11 and 12 and 12 and 12.. If it wont stay open he said they will have to do surgery on the scar tissue.  I guess I have too much. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?