Joint pain after weight loss!! ugh

glamour_04
on 1/31/12 10:27 am - Abilene , TX
 I had RNY 2 years ago now woot! and went from 400 to 200lbs but for last couple months i have had horrible joint pain in the my knees and ankles! i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and do u know what could help with the stubborn pain lol! I have no clue y at 400 i had no problems now i do, any thought would help lol Thanks guys!
     I Dont Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk!        
pattymac65
on 1/31/12 10:46 am
I'm by no means an expert, but I would think its unrelated after 2 years.  Maybe see an ortho?  I have really bad hip and shoulder pain at 3 1/2 months but was told this is normal.  Hope its not still there after 2 years!  Ugh!  I read two theories... one that as your fat cells empty they dump crap into your system and that's why you ache.  The other that because you lose weight you walk differently and hold yourself differently, so things are being re-aligned and as your body adjusts it hurts. I guess come to think of it these effects could be longer term.  Just wishful thinking I guess that it would all be 'over' some day.  Good luck and hope you feel better soon! 

Kat Kat
on 1/31/12 12:18 pm - AZ
OMG..My right knee has been awful for the past several months. I was sure I was headed for a knee replacement surgery. I've been dumbfounded after losing so much weight as to why this knee would cause me so much trouble. I bought a knee brace at the market on a whim and 3 weeks ago put it on. Much to my surprise, my knee quit bothering me immediately. Last week I skipped it altogether, and my knee hasn't given me any trouble even though I have been walking, and standing more than I have in years. I'm hoping it was all just an adjustment with my center of gravity.

I Wish You Well Because it Was NO FUN!
Kat

Most Active
Recent Topics