oh no drank caffeinne

Amykins512
on 1/31/12 6:50 am - PA
Was so thirsty for something diffrent. So i went to the store and bought a diet ice tea with no sugar comppletly forgetting caffeine. What is going to happen. Im worried.
momsal
on 1/31/12 6:56 am - PA
Hi Amy

I am so glad to see you on here   how are you feeling???
Amykins512
on 1/31/12 6:59 am - PA
I just emailed you haha better. Fingers crossed
jazzycatz
on 1/31/12 6:58 am, edited 1/31/12 6:58 am - Joppa, MD
Honestly...I don't think anything.  Except you might get a little hyper if it has been awhile.  I never gave up caffeine.  I don't remember them telling me to give it up at anytime.  And my surgeon definitely gave instructions. 

And I am at about 16 months out.  So far, no problem. 

Now if you have some other thing going on than just having had RNY that would be altogether different. 

Amykins512
on 1/31/12 7:01 am - PA
Nope just rny. Thanks you put me at ease
jazzycatz
on 1/31/12 7:03 am - Joppa, MD
 Big hug!  I really do think that you will be fine.  Glad I could help!  Makes this awful day at work I have had less awful.   I managed to accomplish something today, anyway.  lol 
Kaysmommy
on 1/31/12 7:02 am - Silver City, NM
I started drinking tea about a month out.  Then about 2 months out I started drinking coffee.   MY surgeon thinks caffeine is just fine for us. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

poet_kelly
on 1/31/12 7:36 am - OH
Nothing is going to happen.  Not from one iced tea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/12 7:42 am
They gave me hot tea with my first clear liquid meal in the hospital :)   you'll be fine!
Tammy G.
on 1/31/12 7:51 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
I drank coffee & tea 2 days out of the hospital. I was never told to restrict caffeine and I never have.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

Most Active
Recent Topics