left side pain

tabbott4
on 2/2/12 8:15 am - VA
I am looking for advice.... I am 4 months out and have this pain on my left side at the bottom of my ribs.  I have done alot of reading and i cant find anything from someone who is out 4 months.  Has anyone else had any experience with this.  

april89love
on 2/2/12 8:26 am - NC
Those muscles get stretched alot with the surgery and take time to heal. I know I had aches and pains for months afterwards.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Carla M.
on 2/2/12 8:43 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

More than likely it is either rib pain or muscle pain. I WILL ask if you've had your gall bladder out and, if so, when did you get it removed? I have pain there caused by papillary stenosis, but it's usually caused by gall bladders being removed.

lovelife39
on 2/2/12 9:04 am
my dr said moist heat. i usually stand in shower for a little while and i have heatn pad too.
Zombie
on 2/2/12 9:08 am
Right around this time I also had pain there. I have heard of other people getting dull aches and pains or jabbing pains that come and go in that area. I think its normal. It may be nerves healing in close proximity to where the incision was. It should go away on its own. Now you will have to start worrying about tailbone pain soon. Best of luck.

~Paul~

Jesse Crawford
on 2/2/12 9:50 am - NY
I had the same type of pain on my right side.  I used a heating pad and it worked. 
Lianne C.
on 2/2/12 11:32 am - Garden City, MI
I have had that issue when ever I ate certain things. I spoke with my surgeon who put me on a liquid diet and zantac. told me that that is where they attach the "lower stomach" and that it could be ulcers in that stomach that is still there but not used. The thing is, you gotta call your surgeon and see what they recommend for you.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
tabbott4
on 2/3/12 5:56 am - VA
Thanks for the advice it helps alot when you hear others have the same things going on...

Most Active
Recent Topics