dizzy/ightheaded

berrixblonde
on 2/21/12 5:30 am - NY
 Hello all. since surgery i have been dizzy upon kneeling/standing. the past few weeks it has gotten much worse and happens even when i stand up from a seated positon or just lifting my head up. a new symptom where my eyes feel as if they are moving rapidly in my head and lack of focus is also occuring.

has this happened to any of you? should i head over to my walk in clinic? my surgeons office says its a PCP issue and to follow their advice. thanks in advance
poet_kelly
on 2/21/12 6:23 am - OH
You don't want to make an appointment with your PCP like your surgeon suggested?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lanagirl
on 2/21/12 6:45 am
I have the dizzy upon standing sometimes, and I know I've read about it here many times. I think it's a blood pressure thing. I don't know about the eyes moving rapidly but I do know my vision is blurry when it happens. It happens some days and others it doesn't. I should be tracking my food better to see if it may be due to low calories or too low carbs but I haven't been tracking as often as I should. I basically keep track of protien and nothing else. I did notice it seemed to get better when I started eating some carbs. Let us know what your Dr says. I also find that standing up really slowly helps a ton!

twobabies06
on 2/21/12 7:31 am
This happened to me for several months.  I saw my surgeon and primary.  I tested my bloodsugars and bloodpressure daily for weeks and weeks.  All was normal and fine, I didn't have a problem with diabetes or bloodpressure prior to surgery either.  Neither doc were able to figure out what the actual cause was, despite numerous blood tests as well. 

Not what you are wanting to hear I know, but it did eventually "go away".  I made sure I was eating properly and getting enough fluids, correct vitamins and was working out daily.  I also made sure to let someone around me know that I had this unexplained "thing" going on so that people were aware and could react if necessary. 

The only explanation that I could come up with on my own was that something was obviously off, whether vitamins or electrolites, something.  Even though it really wasn't conclusive on the blood test results. 

Best of luck to you!  It is worth going to your primary to get some labs done and a baseline in case it gets worse or you simply don't get any better soon.

Vargsgirl
on 2/21/12 8:39 am - (Upper) Bucks County, PA
RNY on 01/18/12
I had the same issue - it was due to low blood pressure.  I was still on my BP pills at the time.  Once I stopped taking them I was fine (almost immediately).  If youre unsure  if it low BP you can always go to your local pharmacy and have it checked.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views