Calcium Citrate capsules?

Christine428
on 2/21/12 9:13 am, edited 2/20/12 9:14 pm
Specifically Twinlab calcium citrate capsules. Has anyone tried them? I know I'd have to take 5 or 6 a day and that's fine, just wondering if they are ok to take? I've yet to find a calcium supplement that I like and that's not $$. I like the calcet lemon chews but boy do they get expensive, plus they're 40 cals each.
poet_kelly
on 2/21/12 9:28 am - OH
Yeah, they're fine.  Just make sure you're getting 1500-2000 mg total.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 2/21/12 11:14 am - Suffern, NY
these arent' a good option - you have to read labels very carefully - they say the dose of 300mg is 2 capsules - so to get the necessary 1500-2000mg daily, you need to take 12 per day to get 1800mg - they are actually only 150mg each.  You have to take 4 at a time, 3 times per day.

Then there is the other fact that it isn't calcium citrate = it is tricalcium citrate -I am not exactly sure what the difference is but it isn't the same - I think it is better than calcium carbonate but not as good as regular calcium citrate and this product requires 2 capsules to get the 300mg dosing.

Why not just get citrical maximums -they are 630mg for 2 tablets - take 5 or 6 daily and then you are set - in 3 doses  = 2 at a time.