PLEASE PLEASE READ AND HELP!!!!!!

blakely81
on 2/22/12 1:22 pm
IM NEW TO OH AS OF YESTERDAY I NEED HELP ,I NEED ADVISE ,IM 6 WEEKS POST OP GASTRIC BYPASS AND I CANT STOP THROWING UP. I CANT GET IN MY PROTEIN WITHIN 10 MINS OF DRINKING IT IM THROWING UP....I DONT HAVE ALOT OF SUPPORT AND WOULD LIKE SOMEONE WHOS GONE THROUGH THIS TO TELL ME ITS NORMAL OR IT WILL GET BETTER ..... ANYTHING LOL ...THANKS
Jenspunky
on 2/22/12 1:47 pm
RNY on 01/16/12

Not normal.  Are you on any medication for nausea?  Is it just the protein drinks that make you sick?  Are you able to eat solid foods at all?  
When you drink water, does that stay down?

I would certainly call your surgeon's office about this, ASAP.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

blakely81
on 2/22/12 4:12 pm
yes on nasua meds. no pretty much anything thats not broth or cheese i vommit, i just got out of the hospital and the checked for all that i had ulcers in my stoma and the opening was swollen shut...they dialated it a bit im home now but problems the same ....he just wants me on liquids he said leave the protein alone for now
Ladytazz
on 2/22/12 1:53 pm
Have you had an EGD to make sure your stoma is open enough?  This is not normal and if your surgeon is telling you it is then you need to find someone else.  I did throw up occasionally for the first 2 months but it wasn't on a regular basis and I was able to keep enough protein down.
If your stoma isn't too small then maybe you can get some anti nausea medication.  There are some people who unfortunately have a rough start but most of them improve.  This doesn't sound like that, though.  It sounds pretty extreme and should be evaluated.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

blakely81
on 2/22/12 4:17 pm
i just had my stoma dialated i was hospitalized for four 5 days due to extreme vomiting i couldnt even keep down sips of water ....so i got dehydrated they did all kinds of tests and eventually released me ...he said to leave the protien alone and do clear liquids for now i take anti nasua and nexium
poet_kelly
on 2/22/12 2:24 pm - OH
Do you only thrown up your protein or do you throw up other stuff too?  What does your surgeon say about it? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

blakely81
on 2/22/12 4:20 pm
other stuff too.....
JJ_
on 2/22/12 3:33 pm
Not normal....call the surgeon`s office.  You may have a stricture.
blakely81
on 2/22/12 4:19 pm
just got out of the hospital they went in and dialated the openig to my stoma ....i still throw up all the time several times a day ....
Reel
on 2/22/12 6:18 pm
I think others have said it best... "What does your surgeon say about it?"   It is not normal, and if your surgeon isn't trying to do everything within his capabilities to find the cause and resolve it, then it's time to find another surgeon. Sounds like they have been taking action, perhaps now they are waiting to see what your body will do in regards to inflammation and healing. I would be as (and I hate this word) "compliant" as  possible, and maybe keep a log with dates and times when you have throw up episodes.

I know this must be very unsettling, and I'm sorry that you have to experience this. I trust that things will be resolved for you soon. I've quite a few stories similar to yours, and I'm truly grateful that I did not have any serious complications thus far (aside from that initial "hell week"), and intermittent nausea which was due to dehydration. If you want to read about other people's experience type in your symptoms in the search box and see what comes up.  Sending positive thoughts your way.

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Most Active
Recent Topics