Help how did you feel 3 months postop

maimeem71
on 2/27/12 9:04 am - ID
Since i started my journey it as gone from hard to good to hard to hospital to Wednesday I will have my gallbladder removed. I have no energy and get a fever everyday for the past three weeks. Yes my docs know I have seen them alot since my December surgery. I take all my vitamin for the day and have my water. Food is harder to digest because food is gross to me. I have lost the desire for food and so when I eat I just force it down to get my nutrients. I can't even stand the smell of it. I have super human smelling to by the way. If you gonna tell me it gets better please tell me about how it was and how it got better.

I really need to hear from the postop of about three months. It will help me think about my being down and think on the positive side.

Please be kind.
For My Roses Forever and Always

Dee.spunk
on 2/27/12 9:16 am - Sacramento, CA
I think because of your complications it's making it hard to eat and the super smell sense too. Once that goes away, I'm sure it'll make eating easier. I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and felt so much better right after, so hopefully you will too. Good luck!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

maimeem71
on 2/27/12 9:49 am - ID
Thank you I am praying my gallbladder taken out will help.
owlisn
on 2/27/12 9:19 am - NC
So sorry that you have had such a hard time.  My journey has been a little better.  I developed an ulcer, so food hurts for me if I miss my meds.  Before I figured out what it was, I vomited a lot after eating.  But now, things are much better. 

I can eat all types of food now and don't stress as much about going out to eat.  I do crave sugar, but have learned to manage that for the most part (which is really tough in my office.)

A few weeks ago, I really hated food.  It made me mad that I had to have it, since I didn't want it at all.  I hope it gets better for you.  I know it will.

Allison

maimeem71
on 2/27/12 9:51 am - ID
Sorry about your troubles an ulcer sound painful. Thanks for sharing.
jkay05
on 2/27/12 9:43 am
I am almost 4 mos out. And was a sugar feen before surgery. I have head hunger but no real cravings. Sure things look good but it's weird how I dont crave them anymore. I think it's because I swear they took my taste buds too.lol Things taste so different than they did. That food that was omg so yummy is just not that good anymore. As for Gallbladder ...I had severe pain prior to surgery...the ultrasound they did to find out if I had them hurt so bad I wanted to scream. I was blessed to have it go to pot before surgery so they took mine out at the same time.  Things that bothered me prior to surgery food wise no longer do. So maybe that will help in your case. Once your gallbladder is out maybe it will all get better. As for the sense of smell. I think they messed that up on me too during surgery.lol OMG I swear I have the sniffer of a trained k-9. Things that barely smelled before or noone is aware of but me make me nauseated and have a horrible headache. I havent done as good on my vitamins truth be told..as I should have..and I'm thinking might be low iron..but I am tired all the time..or not as alert as I would like. I think it might be still body getting used to everything ..I know 4 mos out but still. I do get protein in and that is what I suggest you make sure you choke down above all. When I feel icky that's what I do. I hope this helps you and isnt just rambling crap.lol

maimeem71
on 2/27/12 9:57 am - ID
No thanks for sharing my sense of smell is the same. I carry sprays around work and its hard for me to be around stores right now cause I smell everything. My taste buds are all wack and the only thing that taste normal are fruits and steamed veggies. After I got put in the hospital they found I was thiamin deficient so now I don't want to go back so I choke them down (vitamins) everyday. I keep forgetting to take my iron maybe that will help my energy.  
HouptMom
on 2/27/12 9:55 am - PA
 I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I just had my surgery on Feb. 9th...BUT, I had a severely diseased gallbladder a few years ago.  I was getting sicker and sicker and had such nausea and awful pain after eating.  It was just awful.  After my gallbladder surgery, I felt better the next day.  I felt better very quickly and the postop recovery was not bad at all.
I hope things go well for you and you feel better soon!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

maimeem71
on 2/27/12 9:59 am - ID
Thank you. I am very hopeful it will make a difference. Maybe it will. things can only get better right.
willoseit
on 2/27/12 10:31 am
I had surgery on 12/5/11 also. I however do not have a gallbladder. I had it removed in 2006. I am having some issues as well. I will be calling doctor in morning. I have been having severe pressure in my chest all day. Water is going down with pain and is making me burp. This is the first time since surgery that I have had this issue so not really sure what's going on. Trying to push fluids even though it hurts because I don't want to end up in the er. Anyways just wanted to let you know you are not alone in having issues. I know sometimes I feel like I am the only one who seems to have issues.

Teresa

HW: 324.7  SW:      CW:        GW:165    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics