What do you do with Unflavored protein powder?

artroxy blue
on 3/1/12 8:40 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I just got some protein powders to try, and the multipack I received has an unflavored one in there. What the heck do you add that to? Soups? Just curious what other people have done with it? Thanks!
lanagirl
on 3/1/12 8:46 am
look about 3 pages deep and you'll see almost the same post yesterday. People gave lots of ideas.

artroxy blue
on 3/1/12 9:16 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks! I probably just missed it...
lanagirl
on 3/1/12 9:35 am
also try the search at the top if you can't find it. I can't remember the exact post but it did have unflavored unjury in the title.

Jenspunky
on 3/1/12 10:03 am
RNY on 01/16/12
I add it to stuff that I won't notice it in.  I've added it to oatmeal w/apples & cinnamon, yogurt, tomato soup w/basil, things like that.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

chatterpam
on 3/1/12 1:13 pm - PA
I use unflavored protein because the flavored ones taste too sweet to me. I use one serving scoop, 3 heaping teaspoons of decafe/sugar free vanilla instant coffee, 1 cup of skim milk and about 5 ice cubes... whirl it in my twister blender until it's a smoothie consistency... if you like those expensive coffee drinks you will love this!

artroxy blue
on 3/2/12 5:52 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. 
BugdocMom
on 3/1/12 2:31 pm - CA
I put it in diet hot chocolate, warm tea, or coffee at least once a day. I only use a half scoop in a mug of coffee so it almost doesn't change the flavor much at all. I have also put it in my oatmeal.
dasie
on 3/1/12 7:00 pm
The unflavored protein powder I used could withstand high temperatures.  I took 1/3 scoop and chicken bullion and made hot broth with protein. Sometimes I would add a drop of sesame oil to flavor it up.   Each cup provided 8 grams of protein.  Post op I was lactose intolerant for a period of time, and all protein shakes made me very nauseous.  I lived on that broth for quite a while until I found a shake I could drink.

bbmom
on 3/1/12 9:14 pm - Varysburg, NY
I use the unflavored all the time (daily) I mix 2 scoops of Unjury unflavored protein in 16 ounces of Crystal Lite pink lemonade flavor & I drink half in the morning & half in the afternoon as my "snack".  You could put it into any of the Crystal lite flavors, I just find I like the pink lemonade best.

I just started getting back to the flavored proteins (vanilla & chocolate) but I find those so much "thicker" and "heavier" - the unflavored is great to use in warmer weather too, with the Crystal lite, as it is more "refreshing"  isnt so "milky" to me.
   Century Club Member 8/13/10: 100 lbs gone!               
Goal reached 1/15/2011 ; Start weight 274: Current weight 125.4 lbs
Started size 24-26: Current size 4-6 new goal 126 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics