Sunflower Seed Addiction

xtine
on 3/2/12 6:08 am - San Jose, CA
Well I think I have become addicted to sunflower seeds, for real. It seems to help with not smoking and having something to do with my hands. Hope this doesn't become an issue.

What are your thoughts on Sunflower Seeds? Do you snack on them? Is this a bad habit to start?

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

seattledeb
on 3/2/12 6:24 am
 I became a sunflower seed addict for about a year after I quit smoking. Then I just lost the desire for them.
Sunflower seeds are better than smokes although those shells everywhere were a pain.
Deb T.

Libby0218
on 3/2/12 6:28 am - TX
I literally have to limit myself by not buying them and bringing them into the house! They are truly addicting!
MomTo3Ds
on 3/2/12 8:20 am
I enjoy sunflower seeds, but the low sodium ones.
I had lapband on 1/18/2011 and had a revision to RNY on 2/22/2012. 
MarilynT
on 3/2/12 11:25 pm
As far as addictions go, it's a pretty healthy one to have. It will take you a long time to eat a substantial amount because of the shells. Do not go to the pre-shelled ones, though!

I felt this way about pumpkin seeds for a time; I figure something must have been lacking from my diet because it went away on its own after about 6 months.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

rockym
on 3/3/12 1:53 am

I hear someone at work (a smoker) popping and cracking sunflower seeds all day.  It has to be an addiction!  It is also a dirty nasty habit to be near and will drive your co-workers crazy.

kidnamedtoad
on 3/4/12 4:07 pm
I started eating them some nights when I actually get to sit down and watch tv or get on the computer. I get the shelled ones so that it takes me a while to eat them. I use two of those little dixie bathroom cups (the 3 oz size)  I fill one with seeds and use the other to spit the shells into.  That way it's a controlled amount. I've been working on a 5 oz bag for over a week now so I don't think I'm getting too many calories. Maybe half an ounce of actually seeds for about 90ish calories.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Sue C
on 3/4/12 11:28 pm - Fargo, ND
OMG!!!  I am sitting here at my desk with a dixie cup of seeds and another one to spit the shells into!!  I also feel addicted to them.  I dont eat them at home.  I dont think it is that bad of a habit.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Most Active
Recent Topics