Quick vitamin question

Zaniiaim
on 3/4/12 3:13 am - CA
 I had surgery on Thursday and had purchased the bariatric advantage chewable multi.  I'm having a hard time getting them down but no problems with pills.  Would a Costco brand multi be a good switch if I take double the recommended dose?  I couldn't remember all the rules for multi since I just figured I would be ok with the chewable.

Thanks!
Aimee
poet_kelly
on 3/4/12 3:14 am - OH
any adult multi that has 100% of the RDA of most stuff in it is fine.  You'd need two a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Zaniiaim
on 3/4/12 3:23 am - CA
 Awesome, pills seem to be staying down just fine.

Thanks
Lisa R.
on 3/4/12 9:20 am - CA
 Kelly knows a lot about vitamins, so take this with a grain of salt I guess, but I want to share so you can avoid my issues.

Pills are better for me too, I hate the chewable, but I don't absorb them.  All the labs went down, way way down.  I went back to liquid and chewable with all vitamins and my levels are going up, except iron, which I have to have infused.  So just keep an eye on your labs

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Zaniiaim
on 3/4/12 11:10 am - CA
 There is a liquid form at Costco too,  wellesse? I think?  I was debating on it since I already take so many pills a day.  I guess everyone is so different, I will for sure stay on top of my labs!
poet_kelly
on 3/4/12 11:15 am - OH
The Wellesse multi is a really bad choice.  If you read the label, you'll see it does not have any minerals in it.  No selenium, no copper, no zinc, none of that stuff.  You need a multi with 100% of the RDA of stuff, including minerals.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 3/4/12 1:17 pm - Suffern, NY
be careful with the pills, things are still healing.  everything is still swollen inside - what did your surgeon tell you as far as chewables and pills?  My surgeon said no pills for one month - chewables, liquids, or sublinguals for 1 month.

Centrum silver chewables are great - they taste good and have everything you need in them, take them 2 times per day and you will have everything you need.  They have selenium in them which is veyr important and many other multis dont' have that.  They have no iron, which is good, so just make sure you get a separate carbonyl iron supplement - you can get that at vitalady.com - tender irons - chewables at first and then capsules after that.

I am 3 plus years and still use centrum silver chewables and tender irons

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?