One year since RNY w/ photos

wufpackerfan
on 3/4/12 10:40 am - Garner, NC
So it's been 1 year since I had gastric bypass surgery and I finally recognize the woman staring back at me in the mirror and for once in a very long time--I do like what I see!  As my eyes swell up with tears just thinking about it, I realize how lucky I am.  It's hard for me to believe that I celebrated my 1 year surgi-versary day on Friday March 2nd.  I'm so proud to say that I reached my goal weight of 135 lbs.  I've lost 136 lbs now & feeling like I've been given a second chance in life.  I have NO REGRETS!  Surgery was the best thing I've done for myself.  Looking back--just wish I'd have contacted Duke Weight Loss Surgery Center sooner and got my life back earlier, but I have to say that I'm thankful I called them when I did and thankful I made the decision to do this.  Also thankful that I had health insurance that would cover it for me (80% of it at least) .   I'm healthy and happy today. 

When I look at old pictures of myself it's hard to believe that was me @ 270+lbs.  I wasn't always a large woman.  At one time I weighed 127 lbs (1999).  The smaller me was always inside yearning to break through and actually when I was OBESE---I really saw the small me, the old me-- inside of me.  Yes, when I'd look in the mirror I saw that I was over-weight, but I felt like the smaller me inside.  It was denial.  Finally I took a real good look at the photos and examined my health and how I felt and decided that something had to change.  I'm so very glad I took the initiative to do something. 

Right now and from here on out, I'm focused on working to maintain the loss by eating healthy and exercising.  I've been given a special gift--a tool & I plan to recognize that gift everyday and not take it for granted.  I'm blessed, thankful for RNY, and thankful for all the wonderful folks on Obesityhelp.com *****sponded to my numerous questions, posted their experiences, shared stories, & most importantly...made me laugh.  I knew I was not alone in this journey.  I couldn't have done it without everyone's support & words of encouragement.  THANK YOU GUYS!!!

All I can say is..."Life IS truly GOOD"!   

1 year photos...

@ 270 - Feb. 2011 (2 days prior to surgery)       @134lbs - 1 yr after surgery March 2nd 2012

These "were" my size 24 shorts...not wearing those anymore!

These "were" my favorite size 24 pants--but not any more!

My old 24 size pants could be my new summer beach towel. 

THE NEW ME!   136 lbs GONE FOR GOOD!

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 10:43 am
Way to go, you look fantastic and I bet you feel great, too!  The hard part starts now though... maintenance.  Be strong and work your plan... best of luck to you!

tori
wufpackerfan
on 3/4/12 10:45 am - Garner, NC
THANKS Tori...Yep...maintaining is the hard part and I'm going to focus on doing just that.  Best of luck to you too.

-Donna

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

mirlyn2012
on 3/4/12 10:46 am - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story and the encouraging photos.
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
wufpackerfan
on 3/4/12 10:51 am - Garner, NC
Thanks!  You'll get there too.  :-)

Linda-P
on 3/4/12 10:54 am - Farmville, NC
RNY on 01/11/12
fantastic success story and the pictures are great!  What size are you wearing now?

Congratulations on your success!

wufpackerfan
on 3/4/12 11:02 am - Garner, NC
Thanks!  I currently wear either a size 8 or 6--depends.  I was up to a size 24/26 prior to surgery and 3X shirts.  Big change. :-)

vicki.okc
on 3/4/12 10:56 am - Oklahoma City, OK
You look FANTASTIC!  Wow!  As someone just about 1 month away from her surgery date and with the same amount of weight to lose, I am SO glad to see what someone (you!) looks like who has successfully lost her weight.  And to hear you say "no regrets" is also a wonderfully, positive comment for yourself  - and us newbies!  Keep up the great job!  ~Vicki
wufpackerfan
on 3/4/12 11:14 am - Garner, NC
Thanks Vicki!  I appreciate it!

Happy to hear you're getting surgery later this month.  Certainly no regrets on the surgery and losing 136 lbs.  I've lost 96% of my excess body weight according to my dr's this past week (I had my 1 year dr's appt).  They were very pleased with my weight loss/progress so far.  

Good luck~You'll be there one day yourself.   

vicki.okc
on 3/4/12 11:19 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks for the encouragement!  It makes me even more excited!  ~Vicki
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views