what happens at the pre-op appointment?

hjb
on 3/6/12 5:49 am
hey everyone, my surgery is scheduled for march 22nd and i have a pre-op appointment coming up. what exactly happens at this appointment, just curious!

Kaoz789
on 3/6/12 5:55 am
At mine, we went over all the test results and blood work that I had preop.  He showed me where my incisions would be. Explained what to expect in the hospital and before and after surgery. I was able to ask a ton of questions about the procedure itself that I was still a little fuzzy on.  I voiced some concerns about allergies (again) just to be certain I had gone over them. 

tamie
:)

hjb
on 3/6/12 6:17 am
hmm, okay! thank you :)
1Haute Diva
on 3/6/12 6:34 am, edited 3/6/12 6:34 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
My pre-op with my surgeon is Thursday. He will be going over my labs that I took at the hospital last week, giving me my prescriptions to be filled (he gives them before surgery so that we're not scrambling to get them after surgery), discussing what will happen on the day of surgery and while in the hospital after. Of course they will take my weight and this will also be the time for me to ask all of my questions.

Your surgery is two days after mine!!!
- Shaw

hjb
on 3/6/12 6:40 am
Thanks for all the info. I just get ansty before appointment so i like to try and find out about them before hand, hehe.

That's so cool that our surgeries are around the same time, I'm sure we will both have a lot of questions as the weeks go by. it's good to know someone who will be going through the same stages as me!
Lena72
on 3/6/12 6:51 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12
My surgery is scheduled for March 21. At my pre-op they said that the doctor would be going over my pre-op blood work and letting me know what to expect before, during, and after the surgery. I will also get to ask any further questions that I have. That's all that was told to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics