help seriously need some!!!!

JLB75
on 3/6/12 7:27 am
i have fallen and i cant get myself back up. I am a year and half post op and have gained 20lbs. :(  its not that i eat bad its that i eat more and find myself grazing and snacking all the time..... i need to knock this habit and fast!! any tips?  i have tried many tactics but nothing seems to be helping. 
JennyB    
ktharp89
on 3/6/12 7:27 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I am a year out and in the same boat. I'm terrified.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

poet_kelly
on 3/6/12 7:29 am - OH
What have you tried so far?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JLB75
on 3/6/12 8:06 am
i dont think its what i have tried so far b/c i am still right on track.. still taking in all my protein, and eating the regular amount of calories under 1000 but its the picking and snacking that is becoming an issue for me, i am aware i am doing it, and i am aware that i need to break the habit but i am finding myself continuing to do it.. oh one more one hurt me, or i use the excuse of well i didnt have that many calories yet etc.... i am good about measuring my foods but i do find i turn to alot of carbs and pastas etc and  that too i know is a killer.
JennyB    
poet_kelly
on 3/6/12 8:12 am - OH
Sounds like it might be time to clean out the kitchen.  Get rid of the stuff you tend to snack on and pick at.  Get rid of the pasta and other carby stuff you want to avoid.  It's pretty  hard to eat it if it's not in the house.

There are some foods that are really easy to graze on.  A bag of pretzels, a box of crackers, a dish of little candies of some sort (anyone else love sweet tarts?).... But who is gonna graze on a dish of Greek yogurt or a bowl of chili?  I mean, you eat the yogurt or the chili and put the dish in the sink and go on with your day.  You don't put it on the couch beside you and nibble on it all night while you watch TV or keep it on the desk by your computer all day long and nibble on it.  But that's what I do with crackers and candy.  So I don't buy them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

april89love
on 3/6/12 7:49 am - NC
You need to write down every bite you eat and that can help stave off the snacking.
JLB75
on 3/6/12 8:09 am
my menu usually consists of:
 an english muffin with hard boiled egg
a fiber one bar
a chobani yogurt
a small garden salad dry or with very little dressing
a pure protein shake
a fiber one bar
and then a small portion of family dinner
thats not a lot i dont think but in between there i graze, a pinch here a bite there
JennyB    
LBinSC0712
on 3/6/12 9:46 am
I agree with April - track!  when you write it down - all of it down - and you see what you put into your mouth - you become so much more aware of what you are eating.  Check out fitness pal.  You can do it on line and there are aps for the the phone, even my kindle fire!  It tracks calories, fat grams, carbs and protein.  It has really helped me get back on track.  Good luck!

IrishIze
on 3/6/12 11:35 am - NJ
I agree - step one: journal everything you put in your mouth.   I use fitday.com and add everything I eat every day.  Lots of time you might have one or two of this or a taste of that and after all is said and done, it adds up.  

I am really trying to change some bad habits right now.  I used to eat right before bed - in bed!  No more of that.  Also, I'm trying not to graze and trying to keep a schedule of meals - breakfast at 7 AM, lunch at 12:30, etc.   That's kind of helped me too.

This is your life - we only get one go-round.  Be strong and make it the best you can!
Irish......  

LosingSally
on 3/6/12 1:42 pm
After you eat and begin to feel hungry, try water loading. It worked for me in the first couple of years. If it's been an hour or more since you eat, but not time for another meal, you drink as much water as you can. Just drink it quickly, like 8-12 ounces. Then sip until you feel full.
This full feeling lasts about 25 minutes, then you can drink again up until about 1/2 hour before time to eat.
This helped me through days when I was struggling. I also eat lots of chicken, beef and fish which keeps me full longer than soups, carbs or salads.