my 600 lb life

busy_blond
on 3/12/12 2:16 pm - Tyler, TX
flipped to TLC looking for "the real skinny" that every one is talking about. my 600 lb life is on. I've never watched this show before but it is truly heart breaking
Leann

rbb825
on 3/12/12 2:46 pm - Suffern, NY
I just finished watching it and it really freaked me out.  Even though I havent had plastic surgery, I went through major surgeries like the man that caused severe infections like him.  After a perforated colon, because the infection in my abdomen was so bad, they couldnt' close my incision and it had to close from the inside out.  The incision went from 5 inches below my belly button (which I can't find anymore) up to 1 inch below my bra line.  In order to get it to close, I had to have one of those wound vacs - but they made it seen really simple and it isn't.  It is extremely painful both putting it in and to change the foam which has to be done every 2 days to prevent infection and I had it in for 4 weeks.  They had to give me morphine in my IV before they started and it was still really painful.  I thought I forgot those days until I now see similar situations on tv

sarahmathis1681
on 3/12/12 4:19 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
 hey busy which surgeon did u use i am about an hour away from tyler my surgeon was babineau

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

rbb825
on 3/12/12 6:36 pm - Suffern, NY
you replied to the wrong person, you need to hit reply up top - not under my post

rbb

busy_blond
on 3/13/12 12:47 am - Tyler, TX
Hi Sarah, My surgeon is Dr Charles Beall. I have several friends that used Dr babineau though and they all liked him really well. It's nice to find someone on here from near home.
Leann

Laura in Texas
on 3/12/12 11:15 pm
I agree!! My highest was 340 and I remember how tough life was for me back then. I cannot imagine being any bigger. My thoughts and prayers are with the people on this show and I wish them well as they continue on their journeys to better health.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

busy_blond
on 3/13/12 12:50 am - Tyler, TX
I was so mad at the Ashley's mom on the show. she was always making fun of her daughter in front of others. It was very sad the way they acted so supportive, but really weren't.
Leann

Laura in Texas
on 3/13/12 12:52 am
I know. That part broke my heart, too. I was shocked she did it even though she knew she was being filmed. Makes me wonder how much more she said off camera. Hopefully they will continue their healing. It seemed like they were on the right track at the end of the show.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views