Much needed advice!

Renee M.
on 3/13/12 3:45 pm - OK
 First I wanna thank everyone for there great advice!  It really helps me when I'm down to know others have been through the same thing.  

Now, for my question.  I have started to slowly incorporate harder foods into my diet, but I keep getting extremely nauseated.  What can I do to stop this?  If I eat soft foods like chicken in a canoe soup I'm great BUT let me eat just a small piece of chicken and I get sick!  When will this go away?

Thanks
Renee

55lbs gone 145 left to go!
Kaoz789
on 3/13/12 4:05 pm
 Hi Renee!

The first thing everyone is going to ask is if your surgeon has released you to harder foods. (usually at 6-8 weeks, but I'm at 13 and have not been released.)

If the answer is no, obtain his okay before going any further.

If the answer is yes. 
Are you chewing the food completely before swallowing? Is it the food preparation? sometimes our tummys turn on our usual cooking methods. (I can use the spray canola but not the spray olive oil now.) Can you doctor prescribe you an anti naseau medication for a few weeks while you acclimate. Is it the same type of food? You may be sensitive to entire products now. (no pork for me). Are you vomiting the food back up, is pain involved? The pieces may be to big and getting stuck. Are you sick *everytime* or just certain times?

Best bet for now is to write down your observations in your food journal. 
Some food issues last a few weeks, some months, some years. You're still early in (me too!) but I wouldn't worry too much right now. If you're very concerned, your doctor or nut is always a very good resource to bring into the conversation. 

GL!
Tamie

poet_kelly
on 3/13/12 4:06 pm - OH
I don't know when it will go away.  I would stick with the softer foods for now and try the harder things again in a few weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sweet-tart2012
on 3/13/12 6:25 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
Also, how are you cooking it?  No fried foods.  My NUT says I can have dark chicken (no skin) but no white chicken because it is too dry.    I'm still on the soft diet and can't eat deli ham.  It makes me sick just to smell it!  When I tried to eat it, my pouch said "No".  lol  I'll try again later down the road.

C3m13p16
on 3/13/12 10:32 pm - Knoxville, TN
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to ever completely go away.  I am 1.5yrs out and I still have trouble sometimes.  Take it slow and don't try to over do it.  If I am not careful I still get sick and I have to stop and think about what it is that I am doing.  Good luck!

Christina

Most Active