back on track but constipated :(

Nicole T.
on 3/14/12 9:32 pm
so i finally am back on track. it has been 3.5 days now. haven't had a crap in two i'm taking chia seeds in my morning protein shake and eating tons of salad and fiber so not sure what to do. this has happened before. i don't like to take stimulants or anything unnatural, i just want my body to work. any suggestions? i'm normally someone who has the opposite problem.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/14/12 9:34 pm
Stool softener like Colace (dulcolex) is not a stimulant.  Either is Mirlax.  I use daily the stool softeners daily.

Winnie

laura_vermont
on 3/14/12 10:34 pm
Ditto on the colace.  I take a probiotic too.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

TammyH968
on 3/14/12 11:09 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
I take miralax once in the morning with some coffee and it keeps me regular.  Don't wait to long or things will really get back up.

Brittany M.
on 3/14/12 11:14 pm
If you suddenly increase your fiber intake, it can make you constipated (all the added bulk).  Make sure you drink a LOT to help work everything through your system.  I had the same problem when I got "back on track".  It normalized after a few days.  But the added fiber from all the veggies & Quest bars really got to me at first.   Just be sure to really push the water when your fiber intake increases.
grmadeb01
on 3/14/12 11:17 pm - FL
yeppers miralax every monring in my milk with a shot of benefiber, and 1-2 stool softners a day....that keeps things moving nicely...i use to have the exact problem too, so was totally surprised when i ended up having constipation problems....
debby
Nicole T.
on 3/15/12 12:24 am
miralax in my protein shake it is. i do take probiotics but maybe it is just going to take some time for my system to get used to it. i was able to go recently but it was very firm and hard to pass. ugh!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/15/12 1:04 am - Baltimore, MD
Are you eating any fat? Fat helps.
Nicole T.
on 3/15/12 2:05 am
yup! in fact i started putting a tablespoon of coconut oil in my shakes. it has done wonders for my appetite so far! plus when i eat salad i use olive oil. eating hummus and nuts and cheese too. so plenty of fat. and i drink alot of water. no real reason to be constipated. other than not eating junk food. junk food gives me diarrhea.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views