hubby is just over a month out - stomach and side pain

pitablond
on 3/20/12 5:46 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hey guys...obviously Im telling my husband to call his surgeon but thought I would check here as well. He has been doing fantastic...feeling great, eating well, has yet to get sick, down 45ish pounds, etc. He just saw the surgeon on Friday and he was extremely happy. All of a sudden today he has been having pain in his sides, stomach and just below the breast bone (im guessing from his description). He said that it feels like its all bruised as if I was using him as a punching bag.  I swear I wasn't! lol    

My first thought would be that maybe he did too much this weekend because of the clearance to work out,  gall bladder, or that food got stuck...but the pain has been there all day. Anyone have the same type of thing?

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Monica M.
on 3/20/12 5:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
all of those could be the cause.

or it could be something else.

is it a cramping kind of pain?

any nausea?

Is he still passing gas

pitablond
on 3/20/12 5:57 am - Harrisburg, PA
He is at work so I'm not sure.  It sounds like its more of a bruising then cramping.  No nausea and no problem in the gas area.

Monica M.
on 3/20/12 5:59 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It could be he's overdone it then. Could be sore muscles.

If he gets nausea, and stops passing gas, it could be an obstructed bowel.

asiaisacontinent
on 3/20/12 6:10 am - MI
This happened to me too, out of the blue. I panicked and thought I tore open my stomach or something (haha, totally overdramatic!) My surgeon said that basically we don't really comprehend the abuse that our body takes during that surgery. And there is a lot of residual internal healing that we don't see. He said I was most likely pushing myself too hard and needed to take it easy. He refilled my loratab and within 2 days I was back to normal. Good luck!
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board 

Karen P.
on 3/20/12 2:14 pm - CO
RNY on 02/13/12
 I had something similar and when I talked with my surgeon she said sometimes the scar tissue is building and settling down into new places and lays against a nerve causing the burning, sharp stabbing pain that can radiate to other parts of the body.  

Check with the surgeon for sure, but it might just be part of the healing process, mine was.

pitablond
on 3/20/12 8:41 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks everyone.  He has been in the ER all night.  Has a group of little tiny gall stones and a possible hernia.  The u/s tech said that it is super tiny.  Looks like another surgery is on the horizon.  Im just glad that it is nothing worse!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?