dumping ?

Callie0317
on 3/23/12 9:06 am
can you dump off of chicken broth? i just had gastric bypass on tues and i came home having to be a clear liquid diet. so today was the first day i tried chicken broth at home. in the hospital i tried theirs and i was fine but when i drank it at home i instantlly got hot, started sweating, stomach was cramping and got severe nausea. is this considered dumping
poet_kelly
on 3/23/12 9:41 am - OH
I guess if there was a LOT of fat in it, you could dump on it, but chicken broth isn't usually real fatty, is it?  Sounds like your stomach got upset, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Callie0317
on 3/25/12 4:45 am
thanks for responding im scared to try it again i will just stick to jello, water, and gatorade
matthardegree
on 3/23/12 9:53 am - McDonough, GA
 what type of broth did you use?  There is one that my hospital used called herb ox.  that is the one that i used because it has no fat and no sodium.  sorry to hear that you are feeling bad.  the first week is hard (although i have thrown up almost every day this week).  I had my surgery 4 weeks ago.
Callie0317
on 3/25/12 4:49 am
i thinks it was swansons. it looks like there was 65g of fat. how many grams of fat are we suppose to have?  thanks!! did you see if you had a stricture. my friend threw up for awhile until she went and got checked and she found our she had a stricture!! good luck and thanks for the advice
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 249 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics