Leaving for Disney World tomorrow...tips for soft foods?

LawyerMom3
on 3/25/12 10:10 pm - Huntley, IL
 I will be 3 months out on Wednesday and am barely able to tolerate soft foods...leaving for Disney tomorrow and will be there for 7 days...any tips on what I should eat at the park for dinner?

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/25/12 10:25 pm, edited 3/25/12 10:26 pm
It may be a good idea for you to bring your own food. You could buy some milk and use your own protein powder. Oatmeal in the am?

What can you tolerate for dinner now?

LawyerMom3
on 3/25/12 10:42 pm - Huntley, IL
 Breakfast will be at condo so I'm not worried about that...lunch we are taking cheese, lunch meat crackers, apples and grapes for kids ( I can eat meat and chese)...dinner at the parks will be the problem as food from home won't last all day in the cooler.   I ate some tilapia yesterday and didn't get the foamies (thank god)...I guess maybe I need to stay trying more foods...the Robles is I feel after 2 bites that I'm full..is that normal?
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/25/12 10:46 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 You can't carry a cooler into the parks.  They won't complain about small amounts of food, but do you really want to carry it around all day?  It's a LOT of walking.  The restaurants are pretty accomodating for special food needs.  

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

LawyerMom3
on 3/25/12 10:57 pm - Huntley, IL
We aren't taking a cooler..they actually now allow foods in the parks...we've gone 4 times since 2007 and have been able to take food with us each time. 
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/25/12 10:59 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 Excellent!  I just read your profile and see that you have small kids, so I assume you'll have a stroller to put stuff in.  My kids are too big for that now!  

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/25/12 10:44 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 Here are the menus for all the restaurants: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Are you traveling with children?  The buffets are pricey, but some of them have character interaction which is what you're really paying for.  And they're likely to have something you can eat.  Crystal Palace at MK is wonderful, and has Pooh characters.  Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is a blast, and has Mickey, Minnie, and others.  The Garden Grille at EPCOT has Mickey (dressed as a farmer) and friends.  (It's "family service" instead of a buffet, but the food is AMAZING, mostly grown right there.)

For "fast food" one that immediately comes to mind is the Harbor House at MK, which has great clam chowder.

LawyerMom3
on 3/25/12 11:05 pm - Huntley, IL
 Thank you do much...the menu link is fabulous...I will probably share a kids meal with my 19 month old..should be enough food for the both of us wherever we go
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/26/12 12:01 am
I went to Disney and the portions are huge. I think sharing will be a good idea. Also things which you think may be healthy can be suspect. Clam chowder most likely has a lot of cream and fat in it.

seattledeb
on 3/25/12 11:49 pm
 That's good you have someone to share with. There is a lot of soup to be had. There are non-fried fish in most sit down places. You are going to need to carry food though to supplement though. How about protein drinks? Can you handle any protein bars yet?
Have fun in Disney!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 272 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 307 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 135 views