HELP PLEASE!!!

redda1368
on 3/26/12 4:17 pm - Fresno, CA

After Reaching Your Goal. And Then Gaining 15-20 lbs Back. Is It Possible To Still Lose Weight? I've Lost Track And Focus. Is It Possible To Start Over As If Tho You've Just Got Out Of Surgery. Will It Help If You Start Taking Your Vitamins And Protein Again. I'm Lost Right Now. And REALLY Need To Get Back On Track If Its Possible. I'm Scared For Myself And Don't Know WTH I Was Thinking. :(  I Feel Like Such A FAILURE. Somebody Please!!! April 23 Will Be 2 Years Since My Surgery. How Do I Start?

slana
on 3/26/12 4:25 pm - AK
I am scheduled for the surgery this Saturday. I attended few Support meetings, and after talking with people that already had surgery , some of them few years ago- they say, the best thing when pounds start to come back- to take appointment with your surgeon, and see what he/she suggest. Don't be rediculous about calling yourself a failure! You are doing great , it is just that we are humans and nobody is perfect. We have better and worse days. One lost battle doesn't mean lost war. Ask for help from Dr., nutritionist- try to excersise little bit more.... Head up and
missjann
on 3/26/12 4:38 pm
You haven't lost your tool- you still have a pouch. Get back to basics. Look at what
you're eating and get rid of sweets, fats and white carbs.  Log what goes into
your mouth every day and see where you're at. Just focusing on mindful eating
will do wonders.  If you don't continue your vitamins long term, you can get sick.
That malabsorption will not get better, even though after 2 years you are likely
absorbing calories and such better.  You're not a failure, it's a life-long process.
You already know what you need to do so wake up and start a new day.
Log the food, focus on protein first, get rid of carbs, drink lots of fluids and
exercise. If you do those things and keep an eye on your total calories in
the process, it would be difficult not to lose some pounds.  Good luck!
    Jan

Kaoz789
on 3/26/12 5:18 pm
 What's up with the caps?

You know what you need to do. Most likely what you stopped doing when you hit goal.

Start keeping your food diary again, talk to your doctor, drink your water, excersize regularly.

If there's a medical reason, your doc should be able to help you find it. If its just a matter of refocusing on your health... Well heck you've already proven that you can do it?! Wake up tomorrow and make the *choice* to get back on track. You're not a failure, you just took a short siesta. You're human.

Panic over, now go *do* something about it.

Im sorry if this seems mean, but it looked like you need a push to remember what you already know.

redda1368
on 3/27/12 1:53 am - Fresno, CA
Thank You All Sooo Much. I Was Really Stressed Out Last Night. But Thank God For A New Day And Another Chance. Going Back To Basics. Is What I'm Starting Today. Pulled Out All My Vitamins Last Night. Set Them On My Kitchen Table Along With My Protein. I'm Going Out And Getting Me A Journal To Start Logging Everything I Eat And Drink. And Yes, Im Even Going To Start Working Out Again. I Don't Know Why I Stopped This Awesome Forum. You All Have Something To Share And That Is Exactly What I Need. Family Does Not Always Understand. And I Think Thats Why I May Also Have Fallen Into Bad Eating Habits Again. I've Had A Serious Talk With Them This Morning. About My Situation And How I Feel. They Are All Very Supportive. And Are Also Willing To Help. Thank God. They Don't Want To See Me Sick The Way I Used To Be. :) So Once Again Friends. Thank You All Soo Much. Will Keep You All Posted.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views