my 1 month anny!

carvsh
on 3/27/12 3:51 am, edited 3/27/12 3:51 am - Virginia Beach , VA
hello everyone! 

I was trollin' on here as usual and  was checking out all the amazing people and their stories and questions... then  I realized...
today is March 27th.. ONE month ago I changed my life forever!

Today is my 1 month anniversary!  I'm down 41 lbs. and i feel as if I just slept through this last month and woke up 41 lbs smaller.
i say that because for this last month I've been at home still on short term disability due to having an extreme reaction to the sulfa based meds used during surgery... I've been on heavy heavy histamine blockers and pain meds... so I kind of slept  mostly until this last week.

This past weekend I went for a walk - my longest yet.. on the beach with my husband - we walked our new puppy for over a mile.
With my bad knees and always being out of breath etc. this was a great mile stone.
I'm so excited - today is an appointment day with my surgeon - and if all goes well and I think it will.. he will sign my release to go back to work on Monday!

Thanks to all that share their stories, issues, questions and suggestions on here. I'm not a major poster - but I do peruse the forum a lot.

One thing I did notice - I"M STARVING today.

congrats to all those that have started, are starting, this journey.. and to those that have conquered the demon of weight.

take care

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 3/27/12 4:32 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
That is so awesome !! WOW very happy for you, especially being able to walk that far with bad knees, I can relate , I hope I do as well as you!!!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Debbie A.
on 3/27/12 4:52 am - Aurora, OH
Congratulations!!  I would so love to live by the ocean and be able to walk the beach, I live close to Lake Erie, not the same!!!!

Skinnygirlme
on 3/27/12 5:47 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Congratulations on your milestone! 
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Cheryl C.
on 3/27/12 6:50 am - NY
RNY on 02/29/12 with
YAY!  I can't figure out when my one month anniversary is....I was a Leap Day surgery!  LOL  But we're close.

But lets get to the important part of your post.  I wanna hear more about that PUPPY!!!!

Congrats!

Cher    

carvsh
on 3/28/12 5:02 am - Virginia Beach , VA
Ahahhaaa
We brought home a huge 8 week old Golden Retriever puppy a week after my surgery.. lol. I've never been good at timing. haha.
His name is Cooper and he is amazing and also tiring and also was too big to pick up as I had a limit on pounds.

He's a huge ball of fluffy love :)

Most Active
Recent Topics