oh, kelly, how much b-12 is too much??

grmadeb01
on 3/27/12 6:20 am - FL
i am just about  a year post op....i had my 6 month labs and i was low on b-12...in the 350's..so i started taking the b-12...started with just one dot under the tongue....it was the 500mcg.....then i had gotten up to 4 a day under the tongue....just did that many..so that was 2000 a day...well when i went to get my next bottel..i thought it was the 500...NOT, it was the 5000, so i had asked what to do since i had opened it...i and you agreed every other day..so i just took it on mon, tue, wed....that way i could keep track of it....

well, now i get a busy, wired day when i take it..i am like the engerizer bunny...just going and going and going....then the next day..i am so dead dog tired, and stiff and sore, from doing just all the things that i did the day before....

so can i take the 5000 dots under the tongue every day....it is sure nice to just keep going and going and going....i did add a sat to the mix of taking them...as i have been power washing off the pool patio and sealing it....so yes i am doing physical stuff and that could me the stiffness and soreness the next day...but just tired the next day...i just have to get this pool patio done...
i am g oing for my years set of labs very soon....so do you take all of your pills the day before you go, or do you hold off a couple of days before?
thanks
debby
poet_kelly
on 3/27/12 6:29 am - OH
without knowing your current B12 level, this is a total guess.  How long have you been doing the 5000 mcg every other day?  If you're noticing that big an effect, you're probably getting more than you need now.  If it was me, I would think about cutting back to every third day or something, but I would also get it checked again soon so you have something more accurate to base your dose on.  It's really hard to guess because some people will find their B12 level increases really fast on a certain dose while others will find that on the same dose theirs increases really slowly.  The fact that we are all different in how well we absorb different vitamins makes it real hard to just give a blanket answer that would fit everyone.  That's one reason it's so important to get labs done and keep track of our own results, so we can figure out how our body reacts and, through a little trial and error, figure out the best dose of stuff for us.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics